EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: VA, Broadway - 8/27/2010 to 8/29/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Want to thank everyone for a great time. All y'all are the bestest and we love ya! See ya soon if we ever get through Washington. Hey Gus, got a good idea of what weekday afternoons are as we are parked in the HOV on 66. Lot's of lane closure for nothin'. That's normal!

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Deb and I got home at 1:45, all in one piece. John and Deb - sorry about I-66. Welcome to metro DC.:(

It was a great weekend thanks to all our Heartland friends. We love you all!:)

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s
Got home safe and sound a few minutes ago. What a great rally--laid back, relaxing, good (make that great) food, and best of all the friendships. We sure hated leaving. Thanks Hudson and Tracey, Gus and Debra and everyone else! Can't wait to see everyone again soon in Mt. Airy so we can do'er again.

dieselsweetheart

Hudson and Tracey, Gus and Debra...thanks for putting this rally together! We got home around 3p without incident! We had a great time and to think we would have missed it had we been our on Alaska cruise...haha great time with the best folks! Love ya!!! Those staying till tomorrow...have a great evening together!!!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Yahooie!!! We're home but it took almost 3 hours more on the return trip. Way too much traffic for my sanity! Thanks again to Gus, Debra, Hudson and Tracy. We had a great time!

happycampernc

Had a great weekend with all of you. The only bad thing was having to come home. It was great seeing everyone again. When's the spring one???

nomare

We got home about 4pm. No traffic, we sailed right through. That's the good thing about leaving on a Monday besides the extra day. We had a great time and many thanks to Hudson, Tracey, Gus and Debra. Can't wait to do it again. Hope to see everyone in NC and PA.

Mary Ann, John, Daisy & Edna

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
It was quiet this Monday morning, just a few of us left and delaying our departure as much as possible. Being a rally-aholic, the end of the rally and the departure is a real downer.
What a great time we had though. Thanks Hudson and Tracey, Gus and Debra, for a wonderful, relaxing event. Please get the dates out for next years spring and fall Virginia rallies. The calendar is filling up fast. The addiction is spreading!

Hudson

I think we were actually the very last to leave (just after 1:00pm on Monday) and we didn't get home until nearly 2:00pm. I guess that stop at the Liberty to fill up the tank really extended our travel time. Yeah, after driving all that way to Hatteras (three trips), it is nice to have a short drive periodically.

We had a really great time ... the weather could not possibly have been better for a weekend in the forest. Sorry to all those who couldn't get satellite (congratulations to the Grubaughs for actually succeeding at that) ... but remember I told everyone -- except Gus didn't tell his wife until they were pulling into the CG.

Thank you Gus and Debra for getting and grilling the burgers & dogs. It isn't camping without burgers & dogs. Thank you Don for bringing the projector. Thank you to the Bylinskis for giving up your privacy for two nights while everyone descended upon your site for fireside festivities. (We did the honors on Sunday night, in fact a nice couple from the bus that pulled into the site next to us also joined in.) Thank you to everyone for showing up, having a good time, being good friends, and let's not forget thank you for the tasty food!

Next time we have a "Rally in the Valley" I think we'll go to Endless Caverns. Their amenities were actually completed in time for this rally but we had to book based upon what was done at the time and the KOA won that. Everyone can get satellite there, the WiFi is stronger and faster, they allow golf carts, and their big screen is positively massive (like 15' high and 20' wide). And it's even closer to Jalisco's!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Way to rub it in Hudson! You make me proud! No problem on sharing our site because it's "team work" baby! You may have had the shortest route home but we had the shortest walk from the fire all weekend!

Hurry on now and schedule that "Rally in the Valley" so we can make plans to travel through lovely Metro DC.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
We may let you in on the secret handshake. That also gets you a map of routes around DC!

I have continuously hoped someone would show me a secret handshake. I seem to get lot's of hugs and kisses but the elusive handshake has not shown up yet. I almost qualify as a rally-holic and I think I have earned the right to know the secret!

If there is a way around DC that you are not telling me about........ You better fill me in brother! Remember PMS & GPS is a dangerous combination. You don't wanna mess with dat dare do ya?

happycampernc

Hudson, I would love the recipe for the salad thingy that Tracy made. It had mushrooms, squash, zuchinni and peppers I believe. I really liked it and Im not a big vegetable eater.

Status
Not open for further replies.