EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: VA, Virginia Beach - 5/18/2012 to 5/20/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hudson

We just signed up

At last we were able to work out our travel schedule to make this rally. I don't know our site # yet since I booked it on the web site. I guess I'll have to call the place after all. We are getting there on Thursday, May 17 and leaving on Sunday, May 20. This will be our first rally of this year but it won't be our first RV trip. By the time this rally rolls around we will have already done 84 nights of camping since the start of the year.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Re: We just signed up

At last we were able to work out our travel schedule to make this rally. I don't know our site # yet since I booked it on the web site. I guess I'll have to call the place after all. We are getting there on Thursday, May 17 and leaving on Sunday, May 20. This will be our first rally of this year but it won't be our first RV trip. By the time this rally rolls around we will have already done 84 nights of camping since the start of the year.

Cool - definitely give them a call to make sure you get sited close by.

boatto5er

Just talked to the campground folks at it turns out we'll be on site #99.

That puts you pretty close, but a couple of rows away from the group outside the supersite area. Easy walking distance, and close Golf Cart distance from events and pavilion.

funlabs

We just got a call from the campground. We have been moved to a supersite...#847. Looking forward to this trip.

boatto5er

Under 60 days to go! I sent out emails describing the local charities we'll be supporting. Be sure to read those and be generous with your support. Still room to join us if anyone would like to. While the Supersites are filled, there are still sites in the adjacent area of the campground.

PSF513

DICK: I guess they must have known who you are so they moved you away from the rest of us troublemakers. That means we can go to 820, get rowdy and cause issues, then return to our sites to watch the mayhem

PSF513

There is this very invasive bad habit I have called working so I can eat, camp, etc. I know I wasn't born beautiful (come on; left myself wide open) and I am not rich or retarded like Santa (ooops, I meant retired; guess I just can't spell). Looking forward to getting back on the road and doing some camping this year

Debbie, I spent a large portion of my childhood at Barnett. My grandmothers family lived there and we fished there for many summers. What are the camping opportunities for a 40ft 5th wheel in that area?

boatto5er

I want to welcome Danny & Mary Andrews who will be attending. They are our latest attendees to sign up.

boatto5er

Hi Everyone,

In case anyone missed the information on our charity projects for the rally, summary information is posted below.

We're ony 2 months out from the rally - YEA! I wanted to remind you that given the large number of attendees we have coming, we're planning on providing donations to TWO local charities. Judi Barnett is coordinating our collection and contribution to the Peninsula Area Foodbank. They provide services to the area from Hampton Roads up to the Williamsburg area. We are also going to provide a donation to the Samaritan House, that provides support to abused and battered women in the local Virginia Beach area. Pam Donan-Tims is coordinating that effort.

View attachment Samaritan House Grocery Wish List.pdfView attachment Heartland Gives Back to the Virginia Peninsula FoodBank.pdf

boatto5er

I want to welcome Henry and Phyllis Vogt, and Joe and Susan Lerner, our most recent attendees to sign up. This brings us up to 40 rigs, our biggest VA Club Rally ever! Hope our semi-laid back approach is OK with everyone. There's lot to do in the Virginia Beach area, so we have attempted to leave as much free time for local attractions as we could, but still balance it with more traditional club rally activities. Really looking forward to seeing everyone! Still room for a few more.

Last edited:

cjhicks

Gus, Just want to say that Joe and Susan Lerner are new HOC members and this will be there very first Rally. Sue is Judy's sister and they have a new Torque Toy Hauler
I want to welcome Henry and Phyllis Vogt, and Joe and Susan Lerner, our most recent attendees to sign up. This brings us up to 40 rigs, our biggest VA Club Rally ever! Hope our semi-laid back approach is OK with everyone. There's lot to do in the Virginia Beach area, so we have attempted to leave as much free time for local attractions as we could, but still balance it more traditional club rally activities. Really looking forward to seeing everyone! Still room for a few more.

jimtoo

Gus, Just want to say that Joe and Susan Lerner are new HOC members and this will be there very first Rally. Sue is Judy's sister and they have a new Torque Toy Hauler

SO,,,, who is going to do the "initiating of the first timers" ? :rolleyes: Ahh man,,, I forgot,,, you normally just surprise the "first timers" ... sorry ,, but now they have something to look forward too.

boatto5er

Great! Always nice to have Family members.

SO,,,, who is going to do the "initiating of the first timers" ? :rolleyes: Ahh man,,, I forgot,,, you normally just surprise the "first timers" ... sorry ,, but now they have something to look forward too.

Jim, that's your job! Why aren't you signed up yet?:confused: :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.