EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: WA, Monitor - 7/17/2015 to 7/19/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grampafish

Washington Chapter Leaders-Retired
We are planning to stop near Mt. St. Helens on our way up to the rally. Have any of you stayed at Seaquest State Park in Castle Rock. I see they have some pull throughs, but not sure they will handle our unit. Any info on this park would be appreciated. If you have another suggestion for camping in this area, we'd love know.

Thanks,
Pat
Dave and Pat, We have stayed at Seaquest S.P. twice when we had our little trailer. It's a beautiful setting and I think many of the sites would be okay for your Landmark. They have several full hook-up sites at the top of the hill and I think most of those would work. We haven't been back to that area for a while but we had planned to stay at Silver Cove RV resort the next time we were. Here's a link: http://www.silvercovervresort.com/ We had checked it out for our fly fishing club as they have large RV sites with room for tents and they have nice cabins. I think Sherman and Mandi would like either one but you guys might like Silver Cove just a little bit better. ;)

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Toutle River RV Park is a decent overnight RV Campground and has lots of sites large enough to handle the Landmark. The sites are gravel and grass, but large. It's close to I5 so it's easy in and out.

Rod

jdfishing

Hi Dave & Pat: Just happened to notice your post so thought I would comment. We have stayed a Toutle River RV Park several times and used it as our base camp for exploring Mt. ST. Helens. It's a large open park with plenty of large sites. Only downside was the noise from I-5. And you better like trains, because the tracks are on the backside of the park. We would stay there again.

jbeletti

The Belettis are coming! We're planning to fly into SEA and drive over. Reservations made at Warm Springs Inn, just down the road.

We're looking forward to attending our first WA state rally.

For20hunter

We are honored to have you guys!! We can't wait!! Just a little more than 6 months!!

Rod Ditrich

Possum51

We were wondering if you have anymore spaces left for your rally? We will be coming from the national rally in Goshen, Indiana and thought we would go see the beautiful state of Washington and Oregon! We have never been in that part of the country before but your rally sounds like it would be a lot of fun, especially the caravan on down to the Oregon rally. I was looking at your list of attendees and noticed you didn't have anyone from TEXAS! So, we thought if you had any more spaces left we would love to join you all.

Pat and Elaine Poole
Friendswood, Texas

For20hunter

Pat and Elaine,

I show that we still have 4 spots available, but sometimes people make reservations with the park without posting here or letting me know. The park is seasonal and currently closed for the winter. The best way to find out would be to contact the park directly (509/667-7503) and leave a message for them to call you back. I have left a message asking them and have not heard back from them yet. As soon as they contact me, I will update the first post which will have any available sites listed.

Hopefully we will have a site left for you. We could definitely use aTexan or two!!!

If not I will start a cancelation list as we always have a cancelation or two. We would be honored to have you guys attend and would love to meet you both.

Are you guys gonna join us at the Oregon Rally the following week? It is gonna be a fun caravan of Heartlanders!

Rod Ditrich

Possum51

Thanks for the info, Rod! I will keep checking this thread to see if you have any spaces left. And, oh yes, we want to join the caravan on to Oregon!!

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
You are more than welcome at the Oregon rally and I know we have some sites left. If you visit the OR thread, the instructions for registering are in the first post.

Once you have made your reservations, let me know along with your arrival date (23rd) since you plan to caravan. Departure date would be nice too.

The end of the thread has a link to a survey about rally activities. Once you signup, you are welcome to take that too.

We hope to meet you this summer. You can help Beletti fill us poor working stiffs in about the National Rally. :0)

Kristy

For20hunter

The Belettis are coming! We're planning to fly into SEA and drive over. Reservations made at Warm Springs Inn, just down the road.

We're looking forward to attending our first WA state rally.

We were wondering if you have anymore spaces left for your rally? We will be coming from the national rally in Goshen, Indiana and thought we would go see the beautiful state of Washington and Oregon! We have never been in that part of the country before but your rally sounds like it would be a lot of fun, especially the caravan on down to the Oregon rally. I was looking at your list of attendees and noticed you didn't have anyone from TEXAS! So, we thought if you had any more spaces left we would love to join you all.

Pat and Elaine Poole
Friendswood, Texas

Beletti's and Poole's,

We also have a rafting trip on the beautiful Wenatchee River planned (no rafting experience necessary). Are you guys interested? It will be a lot of fun and includes a BBQ Lunch. The details are in the first post. We would LOVE for you guys to join us!!

Rod Ditrich

jbeletti

Rod,

Nancy is not much into "adventure" that has risk or situations where she gets wet. Oh well.

By the way and not that it matters, but while I have a reservation at Warm Springs, we may stay elsewhere as they called to tell me that's their busy wedding timeframe and the need for their rooms for weddings trumps all. No worries - we'll find room somewhere. Looking forward to visiting your area!

For20hunter

The park just got back to me and let me know that sites 36, 37 and 39 are still available. Hurry, hurry!

Possum51

OK Rod, the park just called and we have our reservation July 15-20. We think we can find the state of Washington, hopefully we can find Monitor! See you there! I asked for space #39.

Last edited:

Walkabout

OK Rod, the park just called and we have our reservation July 15-20. We think we can find the state of Washington, hopefully we can find Monitor! See you there! I asked for space #39.

Barbara & I got the callback from the park today & we are in space 37 from July 17-20. We will call the rafting company tomorrow to sign up. Looking forward to see everyone in July.
Wayne & Barbara

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Just made our rafting reservations. They have our group under Rod's name instead of Heartland in case someone has trouble finding it. I asked for the discount and she didn't have that listed in our notes but she gave it to me anyway.

Seemed like nice people and answered all my questions cheerfully.

Just let us know when you want our check for Fairview RV park and the caravan. I know you have to pay them in April but don't know how far in advance you want to handle the checks.

Kristy

Walkabout

We made reservations for both of us to go on the rafting trip today. So we are in for the splashing.
Wayne & Barbara

For20hunter

Wayne and Barbara,

That is great to hear!! We are really looking forward to it!!

Kristy, I will send you a text message to you with my address. You can send it to me by the end of March. I will send in the payment the beginning of April.

Everyone,

Kelly and I have been incredibly busy and have not been on the forum as much lately as we normally are. I will get the first post updated soon.

Last edited:

For20hunter

Wayne and Barbara,

We are excited that you are joining us! I assume you are joining us for the Oregon Rally too, or at least hope so. If so, are you going to caravan with us to the Oregon Rally, staying 3 days at the Portland Fairview RV Park?

Rod Ditrich

Barbara & I got the callback from the park today & we are in space 37 from July 17-20. We will call the rafting company tomorrow to sign up. Looking forward to see everyone in July.
Wayne & Barbara

For20hunter

Pat and Elaine

Are you guys going to join us for the rafting trip on Saturday? Its a beautiful trip and no rafting experience is necessary. If so, check out the first thread to this and all the details on how to set your reservation up are there. PM me and I will send you my address to send me a check for the Oregon Caravan stopover at the Portland Fairview RV Park. That information is also on the first thread. Can't wait to meet you guys!

Rod Ditrich

For20hunter

Looks like there is only one site left!! :) If you're thinking about coming, don't wait, because it is filling up fast. Once it is full, I will start a waiting list for people in the event that someone cancels.

Rod Ditrich

Status
Not open for further replies.