EVENT: Heartland Owners Camp-Out: PA, Lancaster - 4/15/2016 to 4/17/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
➡️ Hey Jamie, tell Ed and pat to bring some extra hard to find trailer parts because hey ya just never know and don't forget the chocolate coverd Oreo cookies lol (pat know what I'm talking about)

You our never know what parts Ed has hidden in that Bighorn....

Bones

How did you make out yesterday???
I didn't. Work overrode my time to do the tires yesterday. I have my help scheduled for Tuesday to do the tires. I want to do it on my driveway because all of my jacks are there and I need the truck to take the tires to the tire place. Talk about cutting it close. :cool:

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I didn't. Work overrode my time to do the tires yesterday. I have my help scheduled for Tuesday to do the tires. I want to do it on my driveway because all of my jacks are there and I need the truck to take the tires to the tire place. Talk about cutting it close. :cool:

Dam that work thing....We did a day trip yesterday and checked out some familiar campgrounds plus a couple others all the while visiting a few PA wineries. Stocked up on few for the next outing!!!

Bones

Dam that work thing....We did a day trip yesterday and checked out some familiar campgrounds plus a couple others all the while visiting a few PA wineries. Stocked up on few for the next outing!!!

Yeah that work thing gets in the way sometimes but If I wanna play I gotta do the time.

travelin2

If you haven't already while the wheels are off, replace the POS aluminum capped lug nuts with solid chrome plated ones.
I bought mine at NAPA...
7e7592f1156126515ecc7871fe04164d.jpg

Bones

If you haven't already while the wheels are off, replace the POS aluminum capped lug nuts with solid chrome plated ones.
I bought mine at NAPA...
7e7592f1156126515ecc7871fe04164d.jpg
Thanks. I didn't think of that. Hopefully they are not too expensive. I'll looks them up. Maybe I can get spiked lug nuts. hehe :) I do plan on buying 2 tubes of grease so I can squirt some in the axles while I'm waiting for them to do the tires.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
I don't think I could get new lug nuts approved through the wife now. I'll have to stick with my factory ones. I think about 1/2 of them have the loose chrome caps on them.

Bones

I don't think I could get new lug nuts approved through the wife now. I'll have to stick with my factory ones. I think about 1/2 of them have the loose chrome caps on them.
I sent the wife a message about the lug nuts and got a cryptic message back. "ok" I don't know what to do now.

Lyle,
I just read a few reviews and I know a grain of salt and decided not worth it and going to see if I can buy them.

travelin2

I sent the wife a message about the lug nuts and got a cryptic message back. "ok" I don't know what to do now.

Lyle,
I just read a few reviews and I know a grain of salt and decided not worth it and going to see if I can buy them.

I looked at the Napa invoice...$7.99 for 4 but I trust their fitment.
The first 8 were purchased in Wisconsin after I discovered a leaking valve stem. The tire repair tech sent me over to NAPA after he pointed out half of the lug nut caps were cracked. He said if they (the caps) fell off I'd have a time of it trying to change a tire along the road !

Last edited:

jnbhobe

Hopefully we will get there, I got the trailer out of the garage yesterday, so all we have to do is load it. And my daughter is suppose to get out of the hospital some time tonight. If it looks like she will continue to improve we will be going.

Bones

Hopefully we will get there, I got the trailer out of the garage yesterday, so all we have to do is load it. And my daughter is suppose to get out of the hospital some time tonight. If it looks like she will continue to improve we will be going.
I hope all is well.

- - - Updated - - -

I looked at the Napa invoice...$7.99 for 4 but I trust their fitment.
The first 8 were purchased in Wisconsin after I discovered a leaking valve stem. The tire repair tech sent me over to NAPA after he pointed out half of the lug nut caps were cracked. He said if they (the caps) fell off I'd have a time of it trying to change a tire along the road !
I'm going to get them tomorrow after work on my way home. I pass a NAPA.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired

What's wrong with the OEM ones installed at birth?

Last edited:

travelin2

What's wrong with the OEM ones installed at birth?

The OEM's are steel lug nuts with an aluminum cap that cracks after being spun on and off especially with an air impact wrench. If that cap comes off your left with an odd sized lug nut that could be difficult to remove.
d0a139e808dc5f2105cedfeb22829c42.jpg

Nothing if the wheel is never removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.