EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: GA, Pine Mountain, - 5/4/2012 to 5/6/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

hillsonwheels

Re: EVENT: Heartland Southeast Regional Rally: GA, Pine Mountain, - 5/4/2012 to 5/6/2012

Who the heck is the Flying Dutchman :confused: and what could he ever possibly know about peppers or SAUSAGE GRAVY :confused:?? Oh! I remember, he's the one who goes thru the line more than one time when there is sausage gravy and "bistix"........come on down and name that tune.

Dick

davebennington

We could not have a rally without the "President and First Lady" of Rallyhaloics present. Happy to see all of you can make it to the rally.

dave

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Re: EVENT: Heartland Southeast Regional Rally: GA, Pine Mountain, - 5/4/2012 to 5/6/2012

Who the heck is the Flying Dutchman :confused: and what could he ever possibly know about peppers or SAUSAGE GRAVY :confused:?? Oh! I remember, he's the one who goes thru the line more than one time when there is sausage gravy and "bistix"........come on down and name that tune.

Dick

The only thing I need to know is 'where' and 'when' the peppers or the sausage gravy are being served. From then on it is the natural satisfaction of the taste buds as each bite and morsel is savored and enjoyed. Kudo's to Dick Hill for the best stuffed jalapeno peppers ever, and even more so for his lovely bride that prepares biscuits and gravy to die for. Now that's something worthwhile to " ... name that tune".:p

davebennington

I think the best time for having peppers and sausage gravy, will be Friday evening or Saturday lunch. Better yet maybe if we can all get to the campground early in the week we can have a special cookout.

dave

davebennington

I will need shirt sizes for everyone who plans to attend. The shirts this time will be gender generic. You can PM or E-mail me that would be great so I can place the order.

dave

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member

Thought you might to know about some of the things to do in and around Pine Mountain. There is so much to do that I will be posting multiple times.

Dave has already told you about the big attraction in Pine Mountain: Callaway Gardens. This 13,000 acre paradise is the vision of one man who wanted to connect man with nature. Your first stop should be the Discovery Center which offers exhibits and displays about all there is to do at the Gardens. While we were there in January we saw the free-flight Birds of Prey Shows. Pretty awesome!!! We also visited the Butterfly Center which was toasty warm in January. Come May much will be in bloom, so it should be a beautiful place. If it's warm enough, there is a sand beach. There is golf on a world-class course. There is fishing in the lakes. No license required. If you are a fan of zip-lines there is the new Tree-Top Adventure which has a series of short zip lines through the trees. There are bicycles for rent and lovely winding trails to ride them on. That is just a brief overview. This link will give you more information.

Pine Mountain has lots of little shops, all locally owned, which sell all kinds of things. The work of local artists and craftsmen is often for sale. Restaurants are mostly casual and should appeal to most folks. Chipley Historical Center is a small museum of the area's heritage. Admission is free. Click here for a Pine Mountain website.

Two attractions very close to downtown Pine Mountain are Butts Mill Farm and Wild Animal Safari. Both would be fun for children.

Butts Mill Farm is a restored 80-acre farm where you can see a fully operational farm. There is a petting farm, miniature golf, kiddie train rides, water slide, pony rides and the list goes on and on. Try this link if you are interested. There is a Cafe and a deli, too.

Wild Animal Safari is a 500 acre park where the animals roam freely and was selected as one of 10 places to go on safari in the US by USA Today. You can tour on a park vehicle or drive your own vehicle. See this link.

Next posts will be about some very interesting thing to do in the area.

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member

Here's some more stuff to do in and around Pine Mountain.

If you have to go to Walmart, it is in LaGrange about 15 miles north. Publix and Kroger are the two larger grocery stores in LaGrange.

Two "other" LaGrange attractions are:

"Hills and Dales Estate" a beautiful Italian villa style mansion and gardens. From what I have read, the tour guides are very knowledgeable and you can actually go into the rooms. Click here for more info.

A unique experience is "Explorations in Antiquity Center" an interactive museum of daily life in biblical times. Until you've seen it, it is hard to describe exactly what it is, but very simply, it is a walk into the past of 2000-3000 years ago. The lives of farmers and shepherds, and life in a village are some of the fullscale archaeological replicas. Especially enjoyable is the opportunity to partake of an authentic 15 dish Biblical Meal with teachers in the roles of the ancients. Kids can participate in an "actual dig". This is their web site.

Restaurants in LaGrange include C Sons, very highly rated: Katie's Too, a local Southern buffet favorite: A Taste of Lemon Restaurant, very good food in a unique setting: Mighty Joe's Pizza: Hog Heaven, BBQ and Big Sam's BBQ. As with most big towns there is fast food everywhere.

More later.

SmokeyBare

Please add Karen and my self to the List...

I made the Reservations today for the Heartland Regional Rally at Pine Mountain.

ALF

Former Georgia Chapter Leaders
Dave

Paul and I have our reservations in for the Rally. We are in in site 118. We look forward to seeing everyone then. So far the plan is to come in on the 4th, but if Sue can get off a day or 2 we will be there earlier.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Glad that ya'll (Paul & Sue) could make your reservations. We have tried both yesterday and today to make reservations and was told that the weekend person could not make any reservations :(. The person today said she was new and didn't want to mess things up - hum. Better luck later???

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
WAHOOO - finally got registered this afternoon. Coming in late Thursday pm (3rd), leaving on Sunday. Sorry Dave but Judy wouldn't give me a site number but said she will email you.

davebennington

They should email me sometime this week. Not to worry we have all of the sites around the activities center, I don't think they have a bad site.

dave

davebennington

Paul & Sue

Look forward to seeing you there, there is alot to do in the area.

dave

davebennington

I still need shirt sizes from a few of you.

dave

MICKEY

Past Florida Chapter Leader

Dave and Julie;
Just signed up for the Southeast Regional Rally. Looking forward to seeing all of our family there.

Mickey and Bonnie

davebennington

Mickey,

It will be good seeing you and Bonnie again, don't forget to send me your shirt sizes.

dave

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)

Dave, You know I am a little slow but when did shirt's pop up on this thread? Mickey and Bonnie, Nathan and Byrd glad to see you again.
Randy, Santha and the Poodles

jbeletti

Dave, You know I am a little slow but when did shirt's pop up on this thread? Mickey and Bonnie, Nathan and Byrd glad to see you again.
Randy, Santha and the Poodles

Post #66. Only found by those who read through all pages and find it. I'm sure Dave is emailing all attendees as well.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.