EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: NC, Rodanthe * - 4/30/2010 to 05/02/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Gus and Deb,

Just got off the phone with Merrin, we will be on site #392. Our plans are to arrive on Thursday the 29th. I sure hope I can get the Big Country out of the snow bank by then!

Harvey and Jan Eaton

Harvey and Jan - great to have you joining us! Be sure to contact Dave Yocum (dyocum@yahoo.com) and give him your FREE t-shirt order. Look forward to meeting you in April. Also, could you send me an email (g_funderburg@yahoo.com) (be sure to put the underscore between the g and f) so I'll have your email address. Please include your hometown and day you'll be leaving Hatteras.

Gus

boatto5er

Stats Update

Still the same # of rigs, gained one - lost one. New state = New York! New shortest drive = 73 miles.

# of Rigs = 44
# of People = 97
# of States = 13 (NY=1, FL=1, IL=1, MD=3, MN=1, NC=10, NJ=2, OH=1, PA=2, SC=1, TN=1, VA=20, WV=1)
Longest Drive = 1405miles (the Younger's, Circle Pines, MN)
Shortest Drive = 73miles (the Turner's, Currituck, NC)
Total Miles = 14,470
Avg Miles = 329
Earliest Arrival = Apr 25 (Hill's, FL and Mathis's, TN) (There may be more - my records are weak here )
Latest Departure = May 6 (Hill's)
First Time to Attend a Rally Organized by the “Virginians” = 18
Have attended all 3 rallies (including this one) organized by the “Virginians” = 9
Big Country = 9
Big Horn = 13
Cyclone = 2
Landmarks = 10
North Trail = 5
Sundance = 5

hillsonwheels

OOPS!!! :eek: Mispoke!!! :eek: Gettin' old ain't for sissies especially if you suffer from CRS (can't remember stuff?) My participation in the beer samplin' will have to wait until the 27th. We had decided to be part of the caravan up from Willow Tree. Might be needed to help fight off some indians or something. :rolleyes: Or do they only attack wagon trains? :confused:

Dick

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
7 weeks and counting down till the 25th. Hope it will be warmer by then - out camping now and it's still in the 40's today and mid 20's last night & tonight. Weatherman says maybe in the mid 50's tomorrow. Foots - we're packing up to go home then :(. Ah well - at least got the first shakedown of the season in. See ya'll soon :).

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Gus will be coming to Camp Hattaras on the 27th with the group from Willow Tree.Just thought I would let you know.

boatto5er

Well - time is flying by and it'll be full blown rally time soon. I have to get my order for Heartland "goodies" in to Martin Marketing soon because I will be working at Research Triangle Park in the Raleigh-Durham area for awhile starting soon. I have to have my shipment from Martin in to my house in Virginia no later than Apr 17. In order to give them plenty of lead time to get everything made/put together/shipped to me, I have to get my order in before the end of this month, so I'm setting Mar 21 as the deadline for reserving a spot at the Eastern Rally to be assured you get all the promotional items we're giving out. This includes a Heartland Hitch Cover, a Heartland Mug, a Heartland Hat, and 2 Heartland Keychains for each trailer. Also Dave Yocum has to have your T-shirt order no later than Mar 31, so if you've been on the fence on deciding to come or not - you've gotta make up your mind soon if you want to get the "freebies". You can still sign up after Mar 21, but I can't guarantee I'll have enough items to give out for everyone signing up after that date. Looking forward to seeing everyone at Cape Hatteras!

boatto5er

Last Day to Signup and Ensure You Receive All The Benefits!!

Well - time is flying by and it'll be full blown rally time soon. I have to get my order for Heartland "goodies" in to Martin Marketing soon because I will be working at Research Triangle Park in the Raleigh-Durham area for awhile starting soon. I have to have my shipment from Martin in to my house in Virginia no later than Apr 17. In order to give them plenty of lead time to get everything made/put together/shipped to me, I have to get my order in before the end of this month, so I'm setting Mar 21 as the deadline for reserving a spot at the Eastern Rally to be assured you get all the promotional items we're giving out. This includes a Heartland Hitch Cover, a Heartland Mug, a Heartland Hat, and 2 Heartland Keychains for each trailer. Also Dave Yocum has to have your T-shirt order no later than Mar 31, so if you've been on the fence on deciding to come or not - you've gotta make up your mind soon if you want to get the "freebies". You can still sign up after Mar 21, but I can't guarantee I'll have enough items to give out for everyone signing up after that date. Looking forward to seeing everyone at Cape Hatteras!

Unfortunately, I have to play the bad guy now:(. TODAY is the last day to get your rally reservation in and ensure you get all the rally benefits. I'm ordering a couple of extras of everything so I have just a little slack, but not much. My order to Martin Marketing for Rally Goodies goes in tomorrow (Tuesday, Mar 23). So if you want to attend, get your reservations into the campground and me ASAP!

For everyone already signed up, we're really looking forward to seeing everyone. I'll put a few last minute specifics out as we get into April.

See you all soon!

BTW - I want to announce the birth of our newest grandbaby! Anna Joy Funderburg was born 3 weeks early on Friday, Mar 19, at 4:10pm. Mom and baby are both doing great and are at home now.

Gus

camperjohn08

Re: Last Day to Signup and Ensure You Receive All The Benefits!!

Great News Gus on the arrivial of your Grand Daughter... and OH YES.. can't wait till the rally starts......: o ))

Nabo

Congratulations grandpa/grandma and thankful that everyone is well.

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired

Congratulations to the parents and grandparents of Anna Joy. Glad that Mom and Anna are home and doing well. Does Anna want to go camping?

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s

Congratulations Debra and Gus!! There is no greater joy than a Grandchild ( Boy or Girl )

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader

Hey Debra and Gus, Congratulations on the new grand baby. Glad everyone is healthy and home.
Great news!!

boatto5er

Congratulations to the parents and grandparents of Anna Joy. Glad that Mom and Anna are home and doing well. Does Anna want to go camping?

Don't know about Anna going yet, but Grandpa and Grandma are certainly ready!:D

PSF513

Grandkids are great! If I had known how much fun it would be, I might have skipped kids.

Congratulations! You will need to get Anna acclimated to camping before someone else tries to ruin her

See you in SC and NC

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders

Hey, Grandpa Gus & Grandma Deb -- Congratulations on your new grandchild. I'll throw a couple extra gifts on the sleigh come December.

jnbhobe

Hey Debra and Gus; Congratulations on your new grand daughter. Enjoy all the time you can with her, they grow up sooooo fast.

davebennington

Hello to all of the East Coast Rally attendees.

This is the final chance to give me or to change your T-shirt size(s). I am going to be placing the T-shirt order this week so check the attached file.

T-shirt updated as of 3/30/2010

Dave

Attachments

• East Coast Rally &#7.pdf
    55.6 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

boatto5er

I sent the Rally agenda out Sunday evening to everyone signed up to attend. Here's the PDF version in case you didn't get it or for anyone who wants to see what we're doing.

Attachments

• Agenda..pdf
    72.9 KB · Views: 26

Nabo

Hubby (Nathan) asked me to check and see if anyone of you guys that are arriving early want to play a round of golf, maybe Tuesday or Wednesday?

boatto5er

Hubby (Nathan) asked me to check and see if anyone of you guys that are arriving early want to play a round of golf, maybe Tuesday or Wednesday?

I'll have my clubs, but may be too tied up with rally preparations and side trips so I can't commit. I know a couple of other folks will have their clubs also (we're planning on playing one day while we're at the SC rally). Hopefully they'll jump in here soon. It may be a "far piece" to the nearest course. I don't think there are any south of Nags Head. I saw one in a housing development there. Don't know if it's available for public use.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.