EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: NC, Rodanthe * - 4/30/2010 to 05/02/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Rally Update

Hi Everyone,

We have 30 rigs signed up for the rally already, and with 5 months:( to go yet, I anticipate that number to climb much higher. I originally budgeted for 50 rigs, but I'm already doing "What-If" calculations in the event we get more than that! I'm working on an agenda and have sent a very early draft to my fellow chapter leaders and "co-hosts" for review and comment. I hope to be able to start solidifying it soon and get an early version posted here. I'll have a better handle on things as soon as I get final approval on the rally budget and also am able to solidify some presentations the team is working on scheduling. If you're planning on attending and having signed up yet, I encourage you to make your reservations as soon as possible. Part of that is to help me with my planning. The other part is to not find yourself with the proverbial "Three miles uphill in the snow" walk to get to the clubhouse and other events:D. Can't wait for the rally to kick off. I can only hope that it is as much fun as our last one.

PSF513

KEITH & LARRY: I am so glad to be of assistance in the lobster diving arena. The only question I have is after I scare them, how do you plan to retrieve me from the water with a belly full of lobster.

I am really looking forward to the get together. LARRY: I want to see those pink fuzzy slippers you talked about wearing to keep your feet warm.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
KEITH & LARRY: I am so glad to be of assistance in the lobster diving arena. The only question I have is after I scare them, how do you plan to retrieve me from the water with a belly full of lobster.

I am really looking forward to the get together. LARRY: I want to see those pink fuzzy slippers you talked about wearing to keep your feet warm.

Finally got a pic... Watch the other thread:D By the way Pete, who said you could get back into the boat??????:eek:

porthole

Retired
It's hard to tell from the campground map, but it appears that we are fairly well spread out - does that sound right?

boatto5er

It's hard to tell from the campground map, but it appears that we are fairly well spread out - does that sound right?

The campground map is deceiving. We are all very close together actually. If we go over 40 rigs, some folks will be on the other side of the bathhouse, but even that is not far from the clubhouse.

porthole

Retired
Here Gus, copy this and maybe since you have the assignments you can color in the "slips" so we can see how it is filling up....................

Attachments

• site_m12.jpg
    site_m12.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 41

boatto5er

Here's a map of how the campground is filling up. Stars indicate sites that are taken. Some of spread is due to trailer sizes, etc.

Attachments

• sites.jpg
    sites.jpg
    787.2 KB · Views: 66

boatto5er

Our wagonmaster got it from the campground at the last rally. I got it from him. It's only for the sites shown. Don't have a full version. We could theoretically fill up more than what is showing on it.

boatto5er

Rally Agenda Starting to Take Shape

Hi Everyone,

I've got some agenda items that are starting to shape up so I thought I'd fill a few in for you:

We are having a full catered Bar-B-Que dinner Saturday night, May 1st, in the clubhouse. There will be Ribs, pulled/chopped pork, 3 sides, desserts, and drinks.

We are also having a catered full breakfast Saturday morning, May 1st. Menu includes scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits, toast, and drinks.

Both of these are courtesy of the Heartland Owners Club :)D:D).

Also, on Sat morning at 10:00 we have a presentation scheduled by the National Park Service at the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse (apprx 30 minute drive). We have to drive there, so I'll be looking for volunteers later.

On Fri night, Apr 30, we're having a burgers and dogs dinner prepared by a volunteer crew (well - maybe I twisted a couple of arms:rolleyes:).

More activities and details will be coming soon.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
What a great job you are doing Gus. If you need any help, we are coming in early and can volunteer a couple of hands.
Byrd

boatto5er

Rally Update

We've got 31 rigs signed up now, from as close as Kitty Hawk, NC to as far away as the Minneapolis, MN area! (That's right Jim B., you've been supplanted as the farthest traveller). We've got our rally budget from the Owners Club and are putting together the agenda. We're getting together a nice selection of door prizes also. I will let the cat out of the bag and tell you that one door prize, donated by the manufacturer, is a VERY NICE Tire Pressure Monitoring System from Truck Systems Technologies - a big thanks to John and Deb Bylinski for coordinating this with TST! Agenda items that are shaping up include a trip to the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse and a presentation by the National Park Service. We're also planning a fire safety seminar and a few other events. Hopefully, I'll get a DRAFT agenda out soon (or maybe later:rolleyes:). Lots of good sites still available but don't wait too long to get signed up. The end of April will be here before you know it!

boatto5er

Draft Rally Agenda

As promised, attached is a VERY EARLY DRAFT agenda for the rally. It's still a work under development, but is starting to take shape.

Attachments

• Heartland_Eastern_Region_Rally_Draft Agenda.pdf
    49.7 KB · Views: 36
Ahhh...

...I can almost feel the warm sun on my skin and the breeze blowing through the sea oats!

Now, just to get through Christmas and all of winter :( until I feel the sand between my toes once again.

Just think, 4 months, 2 weeks, 2 days and 20 some odd hours until we head for Hatteras. But who's counting?

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and Happy Holidays to everyone!

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
The agenda sounds great Gus. I’ll be arriving early afternoon on Thursday and Carol will be there Friday afternoon. Any thing we can do to help, just let us know. If you want, I’ll supervise Larry and Pete grillin on Friday to make sure they don’t get into any food fights. You know you can't trust one of them alone, let alone the two of them together. They need constant Adult Supervision which I'll be more than happy to provide!!:D Of course to monitor them I'll have to have an adult beverage in my hand, but that's a given!:D

Keith

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
:D
The agenda sounds great Gus. I’ll be arriving early afternoon on Thursday and Carol will be there Friday afternoon. Any thing we can do to help, just let us know. If you want, I’ll supervise Larry and Pete grillin on Friday to make sure they don’t get into any food fights. You know you can't trust one of them alone, let alone the two of them together. They need constant Adult Supervision which I'll be more than happy to provide!!:D Of course to monitor them I'll have to have an adult beverage in my hand, but that's a given!:D

Keith

Are'nt you supposed to be getting ready for your big night is a few weeks?:D I am surprised you have time to harrass nice people.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.