EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: NC, Rodanthe * - 4/30/2010 to 05/02/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Rally Volunteer Opportunities!

Hera are a few volunteer opportunities:

1. We need a few folks (will need people coming in a couple of days early)to assist Kevin and Neely Wolbeck with putting together Rally Welcome Packets and then handing them out as rigs arrive. I anticipate we will need to start having a "formal" arrival area on Apr 29th and Apr 30th both. If you are available and would like to help Kevin and Nelly, please contact them directly at: rvn4fn@gmail.com

2. I need one or two medium sized metal fire pits for the Sat night bonfire. If you have one you can set up, please let me know. First two to contact me get this honor!

3. Need some wood. This is preferrably for our North Carolina attendees so we're not bringinf firewood across state lines unecessarily. Again, contact me if you can bring some firewood.

That's all the volunteer opportunities for now. I'm sure others will come up, so don't worry, everyone will get a chance to help out!

By the way, we're at 39 rigs and 87 attendees right now.

jgoddardg

Gus, we have a metal fire pit and will have it with us. Debbie and I will volunteer for a couple of hours or so to hand out packets as well.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Gus,

I've got a metal fire pit with cover that I always carry with me. Also have a tote full of fire wood I always bring. I'll be glad to offer both for use.

Keith

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Nathan & I are coming in on the 25th. We can help with pre-setup and packet stuffing.
Byrd

boatto5er

Hera are a few volunteer opportunities:

1. We need a few folks (will need people coming in a couple of days early)to assist Kevin and Neely Wolbeck with putting together Rally Welcome Packets and then handing them out as rigs arrive. I anticipate we will need to start having a "formal" arrival area on Apr 29th and Apr 30th both. If you are available and would like to help Kevin and Nelly, please contact them directly at: rvn4fn@gmail.com

2. I need one or two medium sized metal fire pits for the Sat night bonfire. If you have one you can set up, please let me know. First two to contact me get this honor!

3. Need some wood. This is preferrably for our North Carolina attendees so we're not bringing firewood across state lines unecessarily. Again, contact me if you can bring some firewood.

That's all the volunteer opportunities for now. I'm sure others will come up, so don't worry, everyone will get a chance to help out!

By the way, we're at 39 rigs and 87 attendees right now.

Thanks for the responses so far. We've got all the firepits we need. Still need some help with wood (come on North Carolinians) and may need a few more folks to help with welcome committee. Will follow up on that later. I appreciate all the support.

Thanks,

Gus

camperjohn08

Rally Welcome Packets

Nancy and I could help if needed for making the welcome packets.. We may plan on coming a day earlier, on the 27th (Which of course is also our 25th wedding anniversary)... Once the camp site is set up, we're all yours.. :)

boatto5er

Nancy and I could help if needed for making the welcome packets.. We may plan on coming a day earlier, on the 27th (Which of course is also our 25th wedding anniversary)... Once the camp site is set up, we're all yours.. :)
That makes two of us during the rally. Debra and I will celebrate our 34th on May 1:).

boatto5er

Had a great conversation with Merrin from the campground on Sunday. They are looking forward to our being there (of course - lots of income for them!) For those of you interested, we will be having a Sunday morning service, piggybacking on the campground chaplain's service in the conference center Sunday morning.

boatto5er

Hi everyone,

Looks like plans for the rally are really coming together, just a few loose ends to tie up. Hopefully the next few weeks will pass quickly, all the snow will melt and it'll be time to start packing.

We have room for 5 or 6 more rigs, so if you are thinking about coming, you need to sign up soon. My limit is based on overall rally budget and number of attendees rather than an exact trailer count. Call the campground and get your reservation in soon!!!

We have lined up some some great door prizes so far, including a 10 unit Tire Pressure Monitoring System by Truck Systems Technologies, a $35 Gift Certificate for the Camp Hatteras Gift Shop, and several Heartland Branded items, and we have a great set of "freebies" for everyone attending. THINK SPRING!!!!

cwgentry7

Love Camping

2010 EASTERN REGION HEARTLAND RALLY

Venue:

------------------------------
  • Camp Hatteras Campground
  • 24798 Highway 12
  • Rodanthe, NC 27968
  • Reservation Contact: Merrin Alderman
  • (252) 987-2777
  • www.camphatteras.com
  • Pets ok?: Yes - No Fee
  • WiFi available: Yes - Free
Details:

• Number of sites held: 50
  • Site fee: $45 per night (good for up to a seven day stay).
  • Club Member Event fee: $0 Per Person
  • Non-Club Member Event fee: $0 Per Person
  • Potluck: Partial - meals will be provided Fri and Sat night and Sat morning (Sunday evening Potluck for late departees)

• Event Leader: boat to 5er (click to contact)
Additional Info:
** NOTE: The address in the above map is not the mailing address for the park, but was required for the map to display correctly and should work to get you to the location.

Merrin is available from 8:30 to 4:00 except on Thursday and Friday. Also, be sure to get a site # and post your site and anticipated arrival and departure dates (early arrivals and late departures are welcome) on this forum thread. Those dates are important so we’ll have an understanding of how many will be present on any given day so we can plan (or at least consider) optional activities. This was the site of the Virginia Chapter 2009 Fall Rally and is a terrific venue. All sites are back-ins and include water, 30/50amp electric, sewer, 99 channel cable TV, and great Wi-Fi service.

Join us for fun, food, informative seminars, comraderie, and goodies. All attendees will receive a Heartland Owners Club T-Shirt (Contact Dave Yocum: day881@hughes.net to order your T-Shirt). There will also be multiple door prizes at both Friday and Saturday night dinners. Prizes include a 10 unit Tire Pressure monitoring system courtesy of Truck Systems Technology, a $35 gift certificate to the Camp Hatteras gift shop, and many others. A big thanks goes out to the Heartland Owners Club, Truck Systems Technology, Chesapeake RV Solutions, Camp Hatteras, the National Park Service, and the many volunteers working to make this rally a big success.

Area Attractions:

hi Gus

Charles W. Gentry will be at rally at site #413

boatto5er

Time for Some Updated Rally Fun Facts

# of Rigs = 40
# of People = 89
# of States = 12 (FL=1, IL=1, MD=3, MN=1, NC=8, NJ=2, OH=1, PA=2, SC=1, TN=1, VA=18, WV=1)
Longest Drive = 1405miles (the Younger's, Circle Pines, MN)
Shortest Drive = 37 miles (the Hall's, Kitty Hawk, NC)
Total Miles = 12,916
Avg Miles = 323
Earliest Arrival = Apr 25 (Hill's, FL:cool: and Mathis's, TN) (There may be more - my records are weak here:confused:)
Latest Departure = May 6 (Hill's)
Big Country = 7
Big Horn = 12
Cyclone = 2
Landmarks = 10
North Trail = 5
Sundance = 4
:)

(yep - it's a slow day at work)

Last edited:

beasleyrl

Re: Time for Some Updated Rally Fun Facts

Hey Gus -

Kelly says "he missed some important facts!" How many kids and how many pets?

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Does any one have an enlarged map of the campground. I've gone on the Camp Hatteras web page & it does not allow for their map to be blown up (or if it does, I couldn't find how) and my tired old eyes can't read any of the camp site numbers. I even tried holding a magnifying glass up to the computer screen (I know I'm pretty pathetic huh) and every thing is just too blury to read. Maybe I need to drink a whole bunch more margaritas to bring every thing into focus.

Thanks,

Keith

boatto5er

Does any one have an enlarged map of the campground. I've gone on the Camp Hatteras web page & it does not allow for their map to be blown up (or if it does, I couldn't find how) and my tired old eyes can't read any of the camp site numbers. I even tried holding a magnifying glass up to the computer screen (I know I'm pretty pathetic huh) and every thing is just too blury to read. Maybe I need to drink a whole bunch more margaritas to bring every thing into focus.

Thanks,

Keith

Keith, see post #108 in this thread.

Gus

boatto5er

Re: Time for Some Updated Rally Fun Facts

Hey Gus -

Kelly says "he missed some important facts!" How many kids and how many pets?

Either 7 or 9 kids (trying to remember off the top of my head). I lost track of pets about 100 posts ago!

Status
Not open for further replies.