EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: NC, Waynesville - 4/12/2013 to 4/14/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Awwwww MAN!!! I hope there are some of Ray & Lins biscuits and gravy left over for Saturday!!!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Putting the last few things into the Grey Ghost and should be heading out in about an hour. See ya'll about lunchtime (sorry we missed the breakfast).
B--

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired
We have two tee times for Friday morning. First one is 7:36. We will leave here at 7:00. I know of only three people who have expressed an interest, so if you want to play, let me know. I'm on spot A17. Weather forecast is not good. Ken

jbeletti

Well - it was another great pre-rally day here in Waynesville, NC.

After the potluck breakfast, Nancy and I ventured into Waynesville to mosey around downtown, through the shops and such. Had a great lunch at the Frog's Leap Public House restaurant, hit Walmart and back to the campground. Got to visit with a large number of Heartlanders here this evening. Dinner time light showers drove most of us indoors.

Looking forward to the festivities starting tomorrow (Fri).

Jim

davebennington

We had heavy rain last night and the creek is running very high almost over the bank. It looks like it is trying to clear this morning and it will be another great day. The rest of the Heartland rally goers should arrive today.

All the rally bags have been filled and most have been distributed.

dave

davebennington

Here are a couple of shots from the campground. Pride Resort rolled out the red carpet for us.

IMG_1718.jpgIMG_1713.jpg

The campground asked if we had an extra Heartland flag. We did and they included our flag with great company.

IMG_1710.jpg

dave

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Dave, Julie and every one else:

I know you guys will have a fantastic rally. Enjoy the beautiful weather. We miss being up there and seeing everyone but we will catch up later this year.

Nabo

What a great rally we are having :eek:. Lots of regular ralliers but lots of first time folks who are having tons of fun. There are a couple of folks who are trying to compete with the King & Queen of Rallyolic (Flying Dutchman) for the title. This is going to be an interesting year for rallyholics. Sure are missing you'll Larry and Sam. Hope the rattlesnakes aren't too friendly.
Thanks Dave and Julie for a fun rally.

jbeletti

Yesterday (Fri) was another great day at the Southeastern Regional Rally here in Waynesville, NC. No Rain! Sunshine and cool temps prevailed. Some went into town and most just hung out at the CG. I got around to a good many sites greeting attendees, touring coaches and listening to people's ideas.

RVs for Less brought in show coaches early in the morning. They brought in the Landmark Sequoia and the new Landmark Monterey. The Monterey is a real unique coach for us. A shorter Landmark with a straight line roof, a really high ceiling in back and a very large bank of windows. Check it out!

We had a fabulous potluck meal with the club providing hamburgers and hotdogs. This was followed by a nice door prize giveaway. Special thanks to our cooks - Dale H, Lance D and their assistants.

Nabo

Made it home safe and sound. I would like to thank all those who help me break down this morning, especially Eric VanOpstel and Jeff Jinks. Heartland Club folks are the best in the world helping others out, especially when hubby had to leave on Saturday cuz of work/business.
Also would like to thank Dave and Julie for putting on such a great rally. Everyone had a fun time and the food was wonderful. And what can you say about the generosity of everyone donating to the Waynesville Rotary Club BackPack program for the school children of the area. Ya'll are great.
Hope to see everyone soon. Travel safely.

Last edited:

jbeletti

We are still here! (Sunday eve)

Yesterday we had 3 meals put on or supplied by the club. After dinner, we were entertained by a Mountain Clogger group. Really neat. Except for the audience participation bit. Sure hope that video never shows up :)

It was a coffee and donuts this morning followed by a really nice church service and a whole lot of good byes. Some of the guys worked on mods and fixes today. I helped a couple of fellas with their coax cables. Always a pleasure when I have the time, test equipment, parts and tools. And I had it all today.

There are 20 rigs still here! You know that that means! Time for the after the rally, rally potluck of course :) So, at 5:30 - most of the group is gathering in the clubhouse. See you there!

Thank you Dave and Julie - great rally. We had a real nice time.

davebennington

I am glad that everyone had a good time. I am still amazed at the talented folks that came to the craft fair, some of the hobbies and projests that the folks make were great.

The post rally potluck sould start about 5:30

dave

Last edited by a moderator:

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
We got home today around 2:00 without any problems. Thanks Dave and Julie for another geat rally. Thanks also to everyone who helped in any way to make this rally a great success. Great rally location,great friends, great activities and great food. What a great combination! Looking forward to seeing all our friends at the next one. Hope everyone gets home safely.

Status
Not open for further replies.