EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: NC, Waynesville - 4/12/2013 to 4/14/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

davebennington

Patty,

You asked for an update on the agenda, here is a brief outline.

Friday: Everyone should be arriving and we will distribute the rally bags to all, about 5:00 PM we will start the Potluck followed by everyone introducing them selves, followed by a movie.

Saturday: To start the day off we will have a breakfast, food supplied by Heartland, cooked by Heartlanders, followed by a craft/sell fair, lunch will be supplied by Heartland, seminar in the afternoon, free time, and then dinner and entrainment.

Sunday: Good bye breakfast supplied by Heartland, followed by church service.

Hope this helps some.

dave

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
Phil, don't think we can get to much of the sourdough pancakes!

Randy, we are good on the cooking equipment side of things.

On another note Randy, it is with GREAT sadness that when setting up the new camper, (aka Bob the Big Country....Bryd said he needed a name:rolleyes:), we discovered that the flag pole setup I acquired, at a VERY good price, from some wayward camper we met along the road would not work......the LevelUp feet are in different locations :(. Sooooo, I believe it might be up for auction or maybe a raffle at the SE Regional Rally.....I'm thinking I can get at least what I "paid" for it!! (Proceeds to be split between the NC & GA chapters :cool:)

Lance, If I have any sound mind left after knowing you for a few years the flagpole is yours. If the NC chapter can benefit from the auction so be it.
Anything I need to bring. Randy, Santha and the scared Poodles

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Lance, If I have any sound mind left after knowing you for a few years the flagpole is yours. If the NC chapter can benefit from the auction so be it.
Anything I need to bring. Randy, Santha and the scared Poodles

The real question is......What WAS the condition of your "sound mind" BEFORE we met:rolleyes:.

However, since I did get the flagpole and base from you for a nominal fee of $0.00, we might just have to start a tradition of PASS THE FLAG POLE! You and I will have to take a walk (no hand holding) and find a needy Heartland club member who needs a nice flag setup!

See y'all SOOOOOON!!!!!

davebennington

We just had a new Heartlander signup for the rally today. Terry & Grace Vinson (haulinem). WELCOME!! I hope we can make your rally experience a good one.

dave

davebennington

We have arrived at Pride RV resort and everything is ready for the Heartland group. There are a few loose ends that I have to take care of this week. Look forward to seeing everyone soon.

dave

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We will be there early afternoon Thursday - probably in the pouring down rain (always our luck).

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Hey Dave - can you give a run-down on what the give back program is? Do we only need to make a $$$ donation or food?

Tigersden

Lance,

Sign us (that is my wife) up for Chocolate Chip Cheese Cake. It will of course be calorie free except for the "few" calories included just for taste purposes. By the way Dave's list shows us as Bill and Bennie - should be Bill and Beannie.

Our first rally - sounds like a lot of fun is in store.

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
Lance,

Sign us (that is my wife) up for Chocolate Chip Cheese Cake. It will of course be calorie free except for the "few" calories included just for taste purposes. By the way Dave's list shows us as Bill and Bennie - should be Bill and Beannie.

Our first rally - sounds like a lot of fun is in store.

Bill, You will have a lot of fun. Santha and I are next door neighbors to you. She just retired from the Ingles in tucker.
Randy, Santha and the Poodles.

lduguay

Bill, You will have a lot of fun. Santha and I are next door neighbors to you. She just retired from the Ingles in tucker.
Randy, Santha and the Poodles.

Bill and Beannie,

You WILL have lots of fun next to Randy and Santa.....you might even win the coveted Heartland Flagpole!!

Hopefully you will stay clear of the shrapnel and fallout near Randy....... :rolleyes:

PS. The dessert sounds great!! We ALL thank you!

TO EVERYONE ELSE!! Please check out Post 204 for food items and let me know how you want to fill in the food shortages......:confused:like there is gonna be a food shortage!!!!!!:)

TandC

Carol & I will be amoung those arriving on Wednesday. HOWIE (our Home On Wheels) now has new Maxxis M8008 tires!!! Good bye to the Tow Max tires (there are blow out and separation stories here!!!).
Bill and Beannie Wise - Welcome! Santha - Congrats and isn't retirement great!!! Hopefully there will not be too much rain. If it does rain there will be a lot of "sweet water" in the campground -
of course there are a few exceptions (no names but ... .). Looking forward to seeing y'all.
Terrell

brauch

Camping Wife
Hey Lance ~ I will be making deviled eggs and a cream cheese pound cake for the pot luck. Also, will you please use your 'influence' and have the weather forecast for Thursday changed to: abundant sunshine with temps of mid-70's. (We hate setting up in the pouring rain)
Thank you ever so much. See ya soon. :))

lduguay

Thanks Barbara! Not sure what my "influence" over the weather might be...... I CAN produce lightning, but no luck stopping the rain:(

GOOD NEWS is that the weather for Sat & Sun looks AWESOME!!!

davebennington

Bill & Beannie,

Sorry about the typo it corrected.

Byrd,

The Backpack program is a helping hand aimed at kids who are not getting the food they need. Sometimes when there is not an adult around to prepare the food for them, they have to make their own meal. So any food that is donated should be easy for a child to make. That said the Waynesville Rotary Club is the local connection for this program. They will except food that can be prepared by a child however money is the best option because they have the purchasing power and connections to make funds go a lot further.

I hope this answers your questions.

dave

Status
Not open for further replies.