EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: PA, Gettysburg - 5/17/2013 to 5/19/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
Hey Guys - I'm going to be arriving around noon time on Thursday - so I too will miss breakfast ... I'll be starting out from Central MA around 6pm on Wednesday with a stop over at the NY/PA line on Rt 84 ... a Quick drive down from NY to Gettysburg - I should be in between 12-2 depending on traffic and the prevailing winds.

I'm so looking forward to seeing everyone - this winter was way too long!!

Kevin

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
I am in Nashville TN heading to the Gettysburg Rally. Scheduled for Wed arrival but may get there as early as Mon or Tue. Looking forward to breakfast with the Beletti's on Thus.
We will be in camp on Saturday so we'll be there whenever you arrive. Looking forward to meeting you.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Hey Guys - I'm going to be arriving around noon time on Thursday - so I too will miss breakfast ... I'll be starting out from Central MA around 6pm on Wednesday with a stop over at the NY/PA line on Rt 84 ... a Quick drive down from NY to Gettysburg - I should be in between 12-2 depending on traffic and the prevailing winds.

I'm so looking forward to seeing everyone - this winter was way too long!!

Kevin

Drive carefully Kevin and we'll see you soon. It has been a long winter...way too long!

porthole

Retired
Duane we'll miss you at the table for sure. Wish you could come in sooner (sniffle, sniffle, cough)

Yeah, well sniffle, sniffle, cough, cough the tour before a scheduled vacation raises some "eyebrows"!
Sometimes they way we work and pick vacations causes us to have to do some shifting around.
I screwed up my vacation picks this year, I actually have no vacation time for the Goshen rally! I have to do all swaps for the time off.

But - we will be at Gettysburg until the 22nd ;)

We will be in camp on Saturday so we'll be there whenever you arrive. Looking forward to meeting you.

Boy - you are getting the jump on things............

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Yeah, well sniffle, sniffle, cough, cough the tour before a scheduled vacation raises some "eyebrows"!
Sometimes they way we work and pick vacations causes us to have to do some shifting around.
I screwed up my vacation picks this year, I actually have no vacation time for the Goshen rally! I have to do all swaps for the time off.

But - we will be at Gettysburg until the 22nd ;)

Boy - you are getting the jump on things............

Nothing like having the time to set last minute plans in motion without rushing.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

TXTiger

Do you have any information on Gettysburg horseback tours? I am thinking of coming in early (Mon or Tue) and signing up for a horseback tour of the battlefields.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired

way2old

Hello Everyone

We are locals and would like to tell everyone about the following nearby places
that are not on most Gettysburg visitor listings for consideration for your "eat out" options.

Yes.......you should consider combining 1 and 2 below since they are only a two blocks apart in the center of Gettysburg......easy walking distance..... and you might also think about stopping here >>> Lord Nelson's Gallery 27 Chambersburg St Gettysburg, PA 17325 717-334-7950 for some amazing Native American Indian artwork, prints and other neat things

1. Great Hotdogs and Other Americana Basics
Ernie's Texas Lunch
58 Chambersburg St,
Gettysburg, PA
(717) 334-1970
(Gettysburg Square head west, it is on the left at the end of the first block.)

Ordering: Everything, but no onions is my recommendation. Onions on the side and a small sauce also on the side. Bit too much onions if you don't say anything. These are natural casing hot dogs so you can order them well done for a bit more "snap" which I like.........and you can also order them sliced or not which is a tossup for me so I usually order one of each!
Many other items on the menu........ pretty much diner based offerings. Google for ratings and pix

2. Great Cheese Cake and Desserts
Lincoln Diner

32 Carlisle St
Gettysburg
, PA
(717) 334-3900
(Gettysburg Square head north, it is on the left at the end of the first block.)

All the dessert cakes are in a cooler on the left just as you enter the door. I like the plain cheesecake and the Black Forest cake, but my wife and friends like others and there are many to choose. All are amazing. You can buy entire cakes and if they are not busy you can have them put make a custom cake for you by combining pieces of what you want in a box to take back to your RV.
Many other items on the menu....... pretty much upscale diner plus based offerings. Google for ratings and pix

3. Great Italian
Buona Fortuna
648 Frederick St
Hanover, PA (717) 633-6226

Very good Italian offerings at reasonable prices. Informal friendly atmosphere 15 miles or so from Gettysburg. This is not to say there are not many good places to eat in Gettysburg, but Italian might be the exception. Google for ratings and pix

The Barones: Mike and Donna
Not a Heartland Owner yet......but trying hard to get there
PM us on any q you have related to our post.......and have a great rally!

Last edited:

recumbent615

Debbie,

do we have an official agenda for the rally? I wanted to schedule some time to visit with my Sister-In-Law down the road a piece and want to make sure the time I select is not conflicting with other planned activities.

Thanks

Kevin

recumbent615

Thank you Jon,

That is exactly what I was looking for - I though I had seen it, but could not find it...

Kevin

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
Thanks Mike !!

Some great info , we hope to check out !! Hope things work out for a future Heartland product. The added bonus is all the owners you will meet with the same interest.

jbeletti

While the agenda has been included in posts 214 and 235, it can always be quickly located in post #1 of the rally thread. Note that when one goes to a rally thread from the Events list, they are taken to post #1.

See y'all at the rally!

truknutt

Committed Member
Hello Everyone

that are not on most Gettysburg visitor listings for consideration for your "eat out" options.

Yes.......you should consider combining 1 and 2 below since they are only a two blocks apart in the center of Gettysburg......easy walking distance..... and you might also think about stopping here >>> Lord Nelson's Gallery 27 Chambersburg St Gettysburg, PA 17325 717-334-7950 for some amazing Native American Indian artwork, prints and other neat things

Ernie's Texas Lunch
58 Chambersburg St,
Gettysburg, PA
(717) 334-1970

Ordering: Everything, but no onions is my recommendation. Onions on the side and a small sauce also on the side. Bit too much onions if you don't say anything. These are natural casing hot dogs so you can order them well done for a bit more "snap" which I like.........and you can also order them sliced or not which is a tossup for me so I usually order one of each!
Many other items on the menu........ pretty much diner based offerings. Google for ratings and pix

Lincoln Diner

32 Carlisle St
Gettysburg
, PA
(717) 334-3900
(Gettysburg Square head north, it is on the left at the end of the first block.)

All the dessert cakes are in a cooler on the left just as you enter the door. I like the plain cheesecake and the Black Forest cake, but my wife and friends like others and there are many to choose. All are amazing. You can buy entire cakes and if they are not busy you can have them put make a custom cake for you by combining pieces of what you want in a box to take back to your RV.
Many other items on the menu....... pretty much upscale diner plus based offerings. Google for ratings and pix

3. Great Italian
Buona Fortuna
648 Frederick St

Very good Italian offerings at reasonable prices. Informal friendly atmosphere 15 miles or so from Gettysburg. This is not to say there are not many good places to eat in Gettysburg, but Italian might be the exception. Google for ratings and pix

Try the Blue Parrot Bistro (LINK). You may have to park off the main street with those big trucks of yours! The Pub & Restaurant (LINK) on the square in the center of town is good, also.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Once again I am changing my pinbox at a rally, and seems to be a regional rally thing. Also I will be selling my Tri Air Tri Glide pinbox used of course, 3 seasons. I am putting back on the Moryde that came with the Key Largo since I upgraded my truck suspension with with the Air Lifter 5000 system. So I am looking for installation help and a buyer for my Tri Air. Asking $500 but will take best offer. I believe we are on site 326. We will also be visible to potential buyers by the two Rotties travelling with us, Hanna and Samson. Please do not feed the Rotties or your in trouble. Slobber Slobber lick lick give me more!

jnbhobe

While the agenda has been included in posts 214 and 235, it can always be quickly located in post #1 of the rally thread. Note that when one goes to a rally thread from the Events list, they are taken to post #1.

See y'all at the rally![/QUOTE}

I missed that Jim I thought it was just the Heartland gives back link. Senior Moment !!

oldmannj

Hello Everyone

Ernie's Texas Lunch
58 Chambersburg St,
Gettysburg, PA
(717) 334-1970

Lincoln Diner

32 Carlisle St
Gettysburg
, PA
(717) 334-3900

3. Great Italian
Buona Fortuna
648 Frederick St

Mike and Donna, You may not be an owner yet but you 2 certainly qualify in the helpful category!!! Why don't you stop out since you're in the area and introduce yourselves. If you twist our arms (chuckle) we MIGHT be willing to show off our coaches and make your decision for future ownership a bit easier. My wife and I are on site 320 for the rally so come on out. If you'd like, PM me and I'll give you my phone number. Hoping to meet you, ED.

Status
Not open for further replies.