EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: PA, Gettysburg - 5/17/2013 to 5/19/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Hey Deb,

Due to my son's Senior Prom Col and I will now be arriving late Friday night. Col called Drummer Boy and advised of arrival date change.

Wingnut

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
We'll leave the light on for you Wingnut! We will be in Lincoln Hall for the evening so you know where to find us.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
I sent out emails this morning to confirm the Gettysburg Visitors Center admissions. Please check your in box and respond only if changes are necessary. Thanks and we are getting excited to get this event underway!

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We too are now coming in on Wed (as long as the campground can accommodate us - calling tomorrow morning), although it will be Wed evening - hopefully before dark. But, oh well, been there, done that, got the Merit Badge and the associated nighttime dings. Can we still get on the Utz Factory tour Thursday afternoon?

f250dieseldad

We too are now coming in on Wed (as long as the campground can accommodate us - calling tomorrow morning), although it will be Wed evening - hopefully before dark. But, oh well, been there, done that, got the Merit Badge and the associated nighttime dings. Can we still get on the Utz Factory tour Thursday afternoon?

No problem getting in on the UTZ Tour. See you soon.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
We are in Gettysburg today wrapping up some last minute details for the rally. What a beautiful day!

We went to the Visitor's Center to obtain your admission tickets. The good news is you can tour the facility at your leisure. Although our film presentation is at 12:45, you may enter the facility at any time and you may leave at any time after the theater presentation. We will distribute your admission tickets at breakfast on Saturday so you can head over as you please. The bad news is parking will be horrible so you will definately be asked to carpool with someone to the facility. Handicapped guests can be dropped off at the group entrance. It is not too far of a walk from the parking area to the museum.

We stopped into Drummer Boy for a last minute look see of the sites and there are quite a few HL products in camp! I think we saw Bob & Melanie Parlon's Big Horn too! There were a few Bighorns, 2 Big Country, a North Country Lakeside Edition and a Sundance.

We also stopped at the UTZ Factory Store. There were many new chip flavors on the shelves! I can't wait for the factory tour!

Also stopped into Camping World of Hanover who has decided to make a contribution toward our dinner expenses. Thank you Camping World for your kind donation. While there we toured a few Cyclone's and Big Country's.

Overall a great day and taking care of the details prior to the rally will make it easier for us to enjoy your company. See you in three weeks.

TXTiger

I am getting so excited. Just downloaded a book about the battle of Gettysburg called The Killer Angeles and am brushing up on my history of the battle,

dklaw

I am getting so excited. Just downloaded a book about the battle of Gettysburg called The Killer Angeles and am brushing up on my history of the battle,

Another very good DVD of the history of Gettysburg is the movie, "Gettysburg", starring Tom Berenger, Jeff Daniels, Martin Sheen & Sam Elliott (to name a few). It is very realistic (a little gory) but is based on that same book, "The Killer Angels". It gives you a very real sense of what happened. A family that has been to Gettysburg every summer for seven years told us about it. If anyone would like to borrow it to watch before they go, you are welcome to. Also the Cyclorama & film at the Visitors Center make it quite real (very moving). We saw it last summer, but looking forward to seeing it again, plus other adventures (like ghosts & wax people).

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Thanks for the help Don. We are also looking forward to the diverse selection of opportunities we have been able to offer for this rally. As many times as we have been to the visitors center to prepare we never actually went into the exhibits. We are saving that for our rally experience. In the words of Beth Dean "3 weeks baby"!
Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

oldmannj

In the words of Beth Dean "3 weeks baby"!

I'd like to thank Beth for taking over the responsibilities of official time keeper!!!! The stress was more than I could bear!!! Much like youz' guyz we can't wait to get there either!! Should I add retired clock watcher to my resume???? TEEHEE ED.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Just changed our in coming reservation date to Wed. May 15. We are ready for some Camping Fun !!

Yippee! I really need a GF hug. The winter took you guys away for awhile but I'm taking you back now!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
In the words of Beth Dean "3 weeks baby"!

I'd like to thank Beth for taking over the responsibilities of official time keeper!!!! The stress was more than I could bear!!! Much like youz' guyz we can't wait to get there either!! Should I add retired clock watcher to my resume???? TEEHEE ED.

Hey hey hey! You are not relieved of your duty. You have been napping though. What stress? There is no stress. PS bring ice cream!

oldmannj

Hey hey hey! You are not relieved of your duty. You have been napping though. What stress? There is no stress. PS bring ice cream!

Ice cream what in heaven for???? I have no need for ice cream !!!! (Shhhh she may be watching!!!) lol

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Wahoo!! :D We have re-aligned doctor appointments, grand-kid duties, farm chores and other scheduled activities and have made our calendar free to attend the NE Regional Rally! Thanks to the campground they have assigned us a seasonal site so that we can be in close proximity. We will arrive on Thursday 5/16 and depart Monday 5/20. Not sure if we will be in time for the pretzel factory tour but we will try. It will be great seeing old friends and making new friends. See everyone in a few short weeks.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
What a great surprise! This is awesome news Eric! I sent you an email.

I ordered your shirts and they should be in before we leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.