EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: TX, Montgomery - 4/1/2020 to 4/5/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Ok VERY SORRY
That was really hard canceling all of the 13 different reservations we had made. Each one had a different adventure tied to it.

Very bummed :(

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Everything is an exciting and fun adventure when you're with Heartland family. We're sorry that you had to cancel.

Bill_H

Hi Jay, sorry to tell you but DeAnna and I are cancelling our trip to Texas for the rally. We are very disappointed that we won't be attending. I have not yet cancelled with the KOA in case you can use the spot, so let me know.😰 Bill

jayc

Hi Bill. I'm sorry that you must cancel. Go ahead and notify the KOA of your cancellation.

jayc

More good news for the rally! I spoke with "Lil Guy" Frank Baker today and the breakfast extravaganza is still on! Frank will bring in the meats and we will bring in breakfast dishes to fill out the menu. I will keep notes on what will be brought in below.

Frank Baker and crew-assorted breakfast meats
Stella Coffman-scrambled eggs
Lin Ballard-fried potatoes
Edythe Kuhn-hash browns
Jim Dykes-green chiles and cheese grits casserole
Mike Finegan-sausage gravy

Last edited:

jbeletti

More good news for the rally! I spoke with "Lil Guy" Frank Baker today and the breakfast extravaganza is still on! Frank will bring in the meats and we will bring in breakfast dishes to fill out the menu. I will keep notes on what will be brought in below.

Frank Baker and crew-assorted breakfast meats
Stella Coffman-scrambled eggs

Cool - thanks Frank! Been a while since I've been at the Tiki Bar too. See you in a couple weeks.

'Lil Guy'

We'll be cooking bacon, pan sausage and spiral cut ham for the Breakfast meats. Be thinking of the sides to make this one of the best Breakfast Extravaganzas to date. Debbie and Susan will set up their Mimosa fountain again.
Sure like to see fried potatoes to go with this meal.lol Sides could include fruit, juices, egg dishes, cheesy grits, biscuits, sausage or cream gravy, etc. Looking forward to the rally. Don't forget fried potatoes.
See everyone soon. later and have a great day.

jayc

Frank, we have one person bringing fried potatoes, now to get some more as well as the other items needed. I'm sure it will fall into place.

'Lil Guy'

Jay, it always has. I've never seen a shortage of good food at one of these breakfast events or at any of our dinners for that matter. Looking forward to your grand finale. See everyone there.

Santanilson

Illinois Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hello Jay and Stella;
Nancy and I regretfully are not going to make it as we have decided to cancel our whole trip out west this year. We hope the rally is one of your best as I'm sure all will have a great time.

Flick

Jay and Stella, with regrets, Jomaye and I have come to the conclusion that the wise thing for us to do is to cancel on the Montgomery rally. We have special circumstances where we have elderly parents in a mother in law wing at our home that we care for. We can’t take any chances to infect them. I’ll be watching here to see what our part of the financial responsibility will be. We’ll do our part as if we were still attending. Hopefully we will make it to Onalaska. We are so saddened for everyone everywhere.

'Lil Guy'

Jay, I hate to let everyone down and certainly hate missing your grand finale, but I'm cancelling our whole trip to the East coast rallies. I talked to my doctor today about some medication for my allergies and copd. I couldn;t even get in to see him. They're handling everything over the phone or on line. He highly reccommended me not to attend large gatherings. I'm sure some one will step up to do the breakfast meats for the rally.
Again, sorry for the inconvenience I might have caused. I know this will be a great rally. Later and have a great day.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Jay, we too are going to have to cancel our attendance. We both have moderate medical conditions and feel it best that we avoid groups right now. Sorry. We are leaving our winter Florida home tomorrow morning and heading to our sons home in Virginia where we can driveway mooch and have someone available to help us out if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jayc

I'm very saddened to see these cancellations, but I understand the circumstances.

Everyone, please remember to call the KOA to cancel also.

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
We were looking forward to finally travelling again, but I'm sorry to say we have cancelled our reservation for the rally. Dave will be finishing chemo the week before this rally, so he has no immune system to combat anything. His doctors have said not to travel.

We look forward to seeing everyone at future rallies.

jayc

We are sorry to hear that you have to cancel but I certainly understand. I can't wait tosee the "new Dave" but hate the way he had to lose it.

Status
Not open for further replies.