Exterior Slide Buttons

ddlindy

Recently I was viewing a Heartland Big Horn video of the 2012 model and it mentioned exterior slide buttons in the hydraulic panel. I have a 2011 model and there are two buttons in the panel, not labeled and my Owners Manual makes no mention of it. Actually the manual is not very informative on a number of items. They need to do a better job writing the manual.

Does anyone know if those buttons are for the slides? I do not want to press without knowing what they are for.

Thanks

SGeohagan

I believe I only have one button in panel on my 2011 BH. Yes, it is for the slides. I have turned the hydraulics off to two of the slides and just opened the large slide on the door side. Worked fine.
Suzy

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If they look something like these, they're not buttons but valves for isolating the slides in the hydraulic system. Handy if you only want to move one at a time, rather than all in sequence. They twist in/out. Somewhere near the pump you should find a switch that will allow you to operate the pump from there, rather than going back inside.

View attachment 20198

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
There is one switch inside for the slides and one outside by the pump for the slides. If you only want to run one slide, you can turn the others off with the pump valves as shown in JohnDars pix.

ddlindy

Here is a picture of the 2 buttons in my panel. Can anyone tell me if these are slide buttons and which slides they control?

ddlindySlide buttons.jpg

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Those are valves. They are in place to isolate the slides if needed.
Turn one of the knobs, completely clockwise. That will isolate one slide.
Once you have the valve turned off, opperate the slide switch. The valve that you have turned off will be for the slide that did not move.

Peace
Dave

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
As Dave said, those are to control the slides. So, if you have a BH, then you must have one electric slide. Probably the BR slide. There could be as many as 4-5 of the slide control knobs in a coach. It depends on how many hydrolic slides there are.