F250 & Sundance Fiver

ricatic

If you believe what is posted on the web, at this point in time there are only 2 places that have been trying to bust 5vers for exceeding door stickers. They are California and British Columbia, Canada. California is cracking down on big toy haulers that are approaching the more popular off roading parks. BC is apparently looking at any rig that may be heavy. Reality is that the weight laws being enforced by the DOT departments allow way more per axle weight than any 5th wheel and pick up truck would ever be seen with. They are not concerned with the door stickers at this time. In this revenue enhancement world we live in today that could change.

Ricatic

caissiel

I was at a campground this summer and a F150 owner drove in with his TT trailer. He told me his truck could haul 11000 Lbs and his trailer was also 11000 Lbs. Well I told him that my F250 could only tow 10,000Lbs on the ball. And with 7200Lbs TV and a 11,000Lbs trailer I would feel unconfortable for sure. I also told him he had a 4000Lbs truck with a 11000Lbs trailer hocked to the rear. I told him I would not get out of the yard with that setup. A 5th wheel trailer is a world of difference on the truck as my unit is around 10,000Lbs on the TV and 12500lbs on the trailer and that is with all the load in, and a full fresh tank. The ratio with a F250 sure is much safer then a lighter truck.

lwmcguir

You mean that you all only have 400# of options and other stuff in the Augusta? Because ours crosses the scale at 16,500#, but we have many options and alot of stuff. Just curious.

That is all we have in there after really cleaning house and not re-loading all the stuff from the Yellowstone. Mostly due to knowing we were close to the max. Will load it up another 300 or so this spring. We don't have the second Air but do have about everything else on the Augusta.

Rmcgrath53

When I bought my Sundance I had a F350 regular cab with Gvwr of 9900. When I loaded my camper with(chairs ,grill rugs,games,basket balls, portable generator my camper weighed in at 12,500 lbs. The pin weight was 2500 lbs. I was at the limit for my 2002 F350 truck. The newer ones have more GVWR than my 2002.The GVWR for my camper is 13,000. I have the 6,ooolb option upgraded axles. With my Dually it handles so much better now.
Ron

rockhound

I don't doubt anyone but I always thought a diesel was heavier than a gas truck, my 2005 super crew 5.4L, Lariat F250 super duty, weighed in at 7400lbs alone on the scale