Factory option for Mor/ryde IS

jnbhobe

it appears to me that alot of us with heavy spec options will be exceeding the gvwr of our coaches very easily. I dont know how the frame and structure will hold up in the long run

You may exceed the GVW on the trailer, but it will be twice as strong as it was before.

well the suspension will be as strong put the construction of the coach remains the same such as pinbox area and main frame rails this is what concerns me

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
well the suspension will be as strong put the construction of the coach remains the same such as pinbox area and main frame rails this is what concerns me

We exceeded the GVWR of our previous Bighorn by about 1,600 pounds....we towed that rig for six years and over 80k miles....the pinbox and mainframe of both the Bighorn and Landmark are quite strong. Oh...and it did NOT have IS....

I got an email back from MORryde yesterday saying that an upgrade to IS would be $5600, and that included disk brakes. I'll do it in a heartbeat.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
We put on the MorRyde IS/Disc brake package last spring and trailering is greatly improved. A lot of concern here about extra weight as a result of the upgrade but as posted and as I say you don't even feel it. The suspension and braking is far improved. It way out ways the concern about extra weight and Nnt one problem has been posted here yet by anyone that did the upgrade. By the way we have a 2013 Landmark Key Largo.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We upgraded to the Mor-Ryde IS with disc brakes and never lube bearings on our Alfa Gold, our 2007 Landmark and now our 2013 Landmark. Each one was upgraded to the 8000 lbs suspension and have not had any problems with any. I highly recommend the upgrade, well worth the money. Ride, towing and braking improves 1000 percent.