Factory option for Mor/ryde IS

I am wondering why there isnt a factory option for the Mor/ryde IS suspension? It seems this coach has everything else going for it including disc brakes and such why not atleast offer the suspension as an option ?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I am wondering why there isnt a factory option for the Mor/ryde IS suspension? It seems this coach has everything else going for it including disc brakes and such why not atleast offer the suspension as an option ?

I have seen a coupon for a discount off the upgrade, sitting on the counter in a Landmark 365. I can't find the pic right now, but I want to say there is way to make that upgrade happen if you want it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bdb2047

One possible reason not available from factory.IS adds a fair amount of weight over stock axles and springs. If done at factory would have to be accounted for in weight ratings and would lower carrying capacity unless GVWR was increased.

what are we talking maybe a couple hundred pounds, I think the benefits would far out weigh the extra weight. Eye to eye suspensions with equalizers and shackles and springs are a thing of the past and just arent durable enough for our roads anymore. I'm not saying they wont last a couple years but keep a coach for 10 years and there is a big difference. It would just make it easier to have all this done at the factory instead of dealing with it afterwards.

jimtoo

Not sure,, but I think that if you are ordering a unit from the factory and want the Mor/ryde, your dealer can make arrangements with Heartland to have the installation done after the unit is built before it is delivered to you.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Call HL and ask. I think that they will have it done for you after the coach is built like Jimtoo said. You might even have your dealer ask.

danemayer

Original price from MorRyde plus Heartland adding some markup plus dealer adding some markup. Pretty soon a $5,000 after-market upgrade becomes a $10,000 factory option.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bryced15

what are we talking maybe a couple hundred pounds, I think the benefits would far out weigh the extra weight. Eye to eye suspensions with equalizers and shackles and springs are a thing of the past and just arent durable enough for our roads anymore. I'm not saying they wont last a couple years but keep a coach for 10 years and there is a big difference. It would just make it easier to have all this done at the factory instead of dealing with it afterwards.

We had the Mor/Ryde IS added to our Newport straight after the factory. Our dealer did all of the coordinating. The weight on the yellow sticker was 15,011 from the factory. I weighed at the cat scales on the way home from the dealer. Can't remember exact number, but somewhere around 16,200 lbs. I was shocked at how much more it weighed after the IS. Only thing the dealer added for weight was fill the propane tanks. All other tanks were empty. I made sure of it. From my recent experience I can testify that the IS added roughly 1,000 lbs to our unit. I have no regrets due to the extra weight. It is well worth it. It towed absolutely amazing. Night and day difference from our old Landmark to this Newport with the IS. Interested to hear others experience with the IS weight gain.

i find it hard to believe its almost 1200 pounds heavier then standard axles ill have to call mor ryde to ask about weights however its unsprung weight not on top of the frame like others are saying ......

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I think ours added a little over 500 lbs...in addition to not being on top of the frame, it actually adds much needed structural support to the "axle" area of the frame.

bdb2047

When I had it installed I was told 350# per axle(7000# units) difference. I also have no problem with it as is un sprung weight as others have said.But it does make a difference in GVW.I think for it to be factory option the GVWR would have to be more or to much carrying capacity would be lost.A #s game.

700 pounds is not bad at all not really worrying about the load capacity my personal contents are approximately 2500 pounds total

Ladiver

I know about the weight limits and all that fun stuff, but correct me if I am wrong. Would the trailer not potentially become more capable and the load capacity actually increase? I know there are other reasons not to increase GVW, but I would consider it just adding a margin of safety. I would not be as concerned if my trailer were maxed to the yellow sticker weight. Obviously, the TV must be capable of the task.

Bryced15

Exactly, I am not as worried about the 17500 gvwr now with the IS installed as I would have been on the standard axles. This is why we made the decision to upgrade to a DRW Ford. Plenty of extra capacity now and peace of mind. Ours were 8000# axles, so maybe more than 350# extra weight per axle? Going to weigh our Newport at the cat scales again with all of our stuff loaded in it next time we're by one. We are fulltimers, so I expect to easily be over the 17500 gvwr if we were at 16200 empty.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Exactly...our 2013 Landmark has a GVWR of 16,250.... With the addition of the IS and the fact that we full time, we weigh 17,600. With the added structural support, 17.5 tires and rims and reduced stress on the frame, we have no issue with our weight...at least of the RV...;)

bdb2047

I am at 17,200 highest wheel at 3500.I agree with you without the IS and 17.5 I would be concerned at 16K.

Exactly...our 2013 Landmark has a GVWR of 16,250.... With the addition of the IS and the fact that we full time, we weigh 17,600. With the added structural support, 17.5 tires and rims and reduced stress on the frame, we have no issue with our weight...at least of the RV...;)

it appears to me that alot of us with heavy spec options will be exceeding the gvwr of our coaches very easily. I dont know how the frame and structure will hold up in the long run