Fantastic fan in Kitchen

We just took delivery of a new 2010 Bighorn 3610re. We have encountered a situation that I need some help with. We like to have a maxair 800 vent over the fantastic fan in the kitchen. Our dealer is now informing us it cannot be done because the A/C unit is too close. Does anyone know of another cover that woould work?

smday

We wanted covers over ours too and the dealer convinced us out because they are rain sensored and they would automatically close in the rain. Not sure if our AC is to close. I'll have to look.

ArlingtonFire

I spoke to Fantastic Fan and they advised if you must cover to use to 400 model which is open in the front and will not reduce air flow like the 800 model. He explained there is a lifetime warranty on the vent covers and they have a good success rate during hail storms. Good luck !!

caissiel

Covers just cut down the air flow of these fans and any other fan. Its like putting a cardboard with small holes, in front of your truck grill in no time it will heat up.
I personaly never had any use for it, just an other expense that others had.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I put the large cover on my Fantastic Fan, not really giving a hoot about the rain sensor function. Works fine and it stays operational when it's raining so I can maintain ventilation. As for restricting the air flow of the fan, I leave it set on medium, anyways, so there's little, if any, backpressure.

Having covers on all the vents comes in real handy during those summer rain storms where you feel the need to take in the awnings and close up the sliding windows. With the fans going and the one cantiliver window in the main slide open, you can maintain circulation without resorting to the din of the A/C.