FBS21 slide leaking

Groveite

Has anyone else had a leak at the front of the slide / We are getting about 4 oz of rainwater in every 15 minutes under moderate rainfall. I have moved the slide in a bit to reseat but no change. The seal across the top and down the side seems to be seated fine and I have also dropped that side about 1/2" to encourage drainage. It is only 4 months old and I am sure Heartland will warranty it but it would be nice if it were a simple fix as we are a long way from home and will be camping for the next 3 weeks at least.
Thanks for any tips.
Groveite

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If you have a window in that slide, I would recaulk the top and add caulk to the sides of the window.
Where do you see the water? On the floor, on the wall?

Peace
Dave

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Also check the seam across the front cap and around clearance lights. It may not be the slide, just where the water is traveling.

Groveite

If you have a window in that slide, I would recaulk the top and add caulk to the sides of the window.
Where do you see the water? On the floor, on the wall?

Peace
Dave

It is dripping down the inside "post" or frame that is hollow...I tried to clean under the topside seal thinking maybe a bit of seed hull or debris was caught holding it up just enough for water to seep in....It has improved but not stopped so I have made up a soft cloth slim scraper-like device to run along under the seal to clear any debris....too rainy to get up there to try it out. No window in the wall of the slide.
Thanks
Groveite

Groveite

Also check the seam across the front cap and around clearance lights. It may not be the slide, just where the water is traveling.

Pretty sure it is the slide itself as it is coming down the inside of the slide frame...if it were the front it would be about 1 1/2" ahead...I'm still thinking something is under the seal but the rain is too heavy here in SC to go out and play. Soon it may be time to use some 80 proof cure-all!Groveite

Groveite

Rain finally quit so I did the hose test and found that the leak is at the front corner of the slide somehow getting behind the rubber seals just at the corner. For now a piece od 2X8 is protecting that corner...Looks like I'll have to find a dealer to repair it.....Now we'll see how the warranty works on the way home month's end as the closest dealer here is about 3 hrs drive.