Fill fresh water tank from bucket

sau4u

Morning. I have a 2018 BHTR trailer. My last camper water fill was gravity feed. I want to santitize my fresh water tank with bleach/water mix. I am not sure which way I should set my valves to suck out of a bucket to get the mix right into the fresh water tank. Also if anyone could answer, should I set the hot water tank to winterize before I suck up my bucket of water so no bleach goes in the hot water heater. Much appreciated.

danemayer

Hi sau4u,

Sounds like you have the 4-way Anderson Valve. If you set it on TANK, you can fill the fresh tank directly, without going through the water heater. But, the check valve built into the water inlet connection requires some water pressure. So pouring the cleaner in won't work. If you set the valve to SANITIZE/WINTERIZE, you can drop a short hose into a bucket of bleach solution and suck it in through the water pump. That'll let you run the bleach solution through the water heater (unless bypassed) and through to the kitchen, bath and other fixtures.

To get bleach into the fresh tank, you either need a pump to overcome the pressure requirement of the check valve, or you can empty your water hose and refill with some bleach, then reconnect it and use the campground water faucet to supply pressure and push the bleach into the fresh tank - with the 4-way valve set to TANK.