Final Fix of the Fiasco

pharmafrog

A lot of alliteration there.

I am finishing up the final repairs of the damage to the wiring and was sent a new wiring cradle but cannot figure out how it was run. Can someone who is camping with a 4100, snap a couple of pics from under the drivers side living room slide. Especially, how the wiring is routed and how the cradle is attached, I have no reference point as all items were obliterated. Thanks in advance.

OEFVET

I have a 4200 with the wiring harness coming out the slide in the middle and secured to the slide with many clamps. Not sure if it helps since it's a different floor plan but if you want I can upload pictures.

pharmafrog

There is a hard plastic carrier on mine, So I am not sure it would translate. But any help is appreciated. Thanks.

OEFVET

IMG_0202.jpg IMG_0205.jpg

On the 4200 the harness is fastened to the slide bar. See pictures

Last edited by a moderator:

pharmafrog

Thanks, It actually looks from the photo that even your bracket has broken free from the slide. I do not think they are supposed to hang down at all, at least mine didnt.

BLHFUN

My strap broke a few months ago. I re tapped the plastic strap with larger self tapping screws and washers to help it hold up better. I can take pictures on Saturday. That strap (plastic) was screwed together with less than 3/8th inch between both screws and it cracked between the two. Pretty sure the 4100 and the 4200 harness straps are the same.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
On the 4200 the harness is fastened to the slide bar. See pictures

I've also found it a lot easier to work on the trailer when I flip it on it's top! :p

Last edited by a moderator:

oscar

I think some wood under that floor jack would be in order. This way it's just going to sink into the dirt.

OEFVET

Well Oscar why don't you pass that along to Lippert Components. They worked on the slide at the National Rally this past June. Funny I didn't see you there.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Are we talking about the plastic wire holder that bolts to the frame and the slide the wire harness is supported by??