Finding Trailers / Importing to Canada

Hi, all,

I suppose this question would be for the Canadian members in particular.

We're in the market for a 5th wheel toy hauler, and particularly like the Heartland trailers. However, being in Central Canada is somewhat problematic, since almost no one carries toy haulers on their lots, either Heartland or other brands. (We're in Manitoba) The local RV show will be here in a couple of weeks, and if there's ONE toy hauler in the whole show, it would be amazing, and the chances it's even close to what we want are almost non-existent. I have a problem laying down this kind of cash without actually being able to step inside "at least" a similar type of trailer.

It kind of forces your hand to have to go down to the US to view prospective units, then come back and pay the local dealer more (considerably more, 1000's of dollars, usually) for the "privilege" of purchasing locally and (hopefully) having fewer warranty "issues" down the road. Of course, obviously if I'm standing at a dealer in the US who offers to sell the unit right there (or order in) for 1000's less, who has stock I can look at, I'm going to get my forms in order and import the thing, and hope the local dealer is the understanding sort (after all, he didn't stock the unit...) if and when warranty issues arise.

This isn't really a Heartland issue, but since the Heartland (CY3010) is currently at the top of the list, and you have this great forum, I thought I'd ask for other Canadian customers for their opinion/experiences.

Thanks for any input. :cool:

Dave

jimtoo

Hi Dave,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. It looks like you have been a member for a while, but welcome to the posting side. Hopefully you have gained some good information from the forum.

You might think of looking in the U.S. and then asking your dealer to order one for you, or buying the unit you like in the U.S. and importing it. If you should buy and import, any warranty work needed could be done by your local dealer or, with proper pre-authorization by Heartland Service could be performed by any authorized repair facility.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

camr

Hi Dave,

Check out Sun Valley RV in Morden. I am certain that I saw a Cyclone or two on their lot.

We bought our Kokanee (Edge) from them two years ago, and I have been ten thousand percent satisfied with both the honest sales experience and service that they have given us. We live north of Winnipeg, and I faithfully return the unit to them every fall for winterizing and storage. Once you find an honest dealer, you stick with them. Give Andy a call. PM me if you need any other info.