First Heartland, First Camper!

Cane.MBA

Well after two years of dealing with unexpected downsizing, a 5 state move, research, half a dozen RV shows, and an incredible amount of free advice from family and friends we are now RVers! We signed the paperwork yesterday on a 2017 Cyclone 4250. We don't have our delivery date yet, but I am hoping for sooner rather than later. After the two year odyssey I am feeling very impatient. However, I don't want the prep to be rushed either, so I am being quietly impatient...

Thank you in advance for all of the shared wisdom, advice and lessons learned.

Mike

jimtoo

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

When you go for PDI, make sure it is hooked up to water and electric so you can check everything from top to bottom and make sure it all works and if you find something, try to have it repaired before you take possession and sign all the final papers.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit when you get it.

Jim M

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Congrads and welcome to the HL family. BTW, you don't say what your TV is. You will need at least a 1 Tn DRW truck newer than a 2011. The 4250 has to have at least a GVW of 18K or maybe 19K and a pin weight near 4K when loaded for travel. The empty weight has no bearing on the legal weight ratings for a TV.

Cane.MBA

Bob,

My daily driver is a 2014 Ram HD 3500 DRW, she's good up to 28,800 and the Cyclone comes in at 20,000 with max load.

Cane.MBA

Not sure why my thread was moved from the Welcome forum to prospective owners. I wrote the dealer a check, paid tax, title, and license fees, and went into long term debt, I even have a VIN, I just haven't taken delivery yet.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Mike,

Because you have to upgrade your membership to the Heartland Owners Club in order for you to be a Heartland Owners Club member. The membership to the Forum is free, but everything that comes with the membership is not. The dues are cheap and well worth it. Here is the information on the owners club. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Rod

Bob&Patty

Sometimes a moderator will move a thread so more people can view it.

You have plenty of truck.

IronJ

Great rig!!.. welcome to the toy hauler club!!..

It's awesome to see more and more people appreciating the versatility and space a toy hauler has!!..

This forum will be invaluable if you need help....

Or some entertainment....lol

Good luck, enjoy, and of course pics are mandatory once you get her home!!!

Jeremy

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Bob,

My daily driver is a 2014 Ram HD 3500 DRW, she's good up to 28,800 and the Cyclone comes in at 20,000 with max load.

No worries. That RAM is a towing beast. You should be well within all the limits. You might be looking at bags for the rear though. That 4250 has a heavy pin. We come in at 3400ish pin weight and it squatted it to level. A set of Airlift 5000 and problem solved.

Congrats on a awesome trailer.

Dclaws54

Bob,

If you have the 68rfe transmission in it you need to baby it. Mine just went out at 105000 mi. Pulling my 15000# Cyclone. Total rebuild $3400

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rockin_Dollar_B

New Mexico Chapter Leaders-retired
Welcome to the Heartland Family! I can't think of a single downside. Where are you planning your first trip out? By next May, you will have plenty of experience and we hope you consider coming to our inaugural rally in Alto, NM. You can find the details in the events tab. It is a great opportunity to meet a bunch of crazy folks and have a bunch of fun! I can't think of a better group of people to join than the Heartland Owners Club.

Many safe and happy trails-Shelley

Jv75353

Congratulations on your new Cyclone and welcome to the Heartland family. There are many friendly and helpful people on this forumn don't hesitate to ask questions. Safe travels!

LBR

Congrats on the new family addition... we're waiting impatiently as well!😙

Bob&Patty

A little nuts...crazy maybe. The rallies are a blast and I hope you like to eat. BTW, don't tell anyone that you have an issue with your rig unless you want 40 people, with tools in hand converge on your rig to fix it. Just a warning.

Good luck and have fun.

Cane.MBA

Thanks everyone! We already have a campground spot reserved for next weekend. Unfortunately, we did this too late to get a spot for Labor Day weekend, but since that's college football kick off and I don't have a portable directv dish yet, we'll use the long weekend for stocking and arranging things and then head out again the following weekend.