First Pa Chapter 2009 Rally

dieselsweetheart

Dnkdancer. We did have a cancellation infortunately & the site was in our concentrated area. When you call, tell them about the open spot due to a cancellation and they should be able to put you there. I can't imagine them putting a non-rally rig in amongst all us Heartlands! Keep me posted!

dieselsweetheart

Dnkdancer. We did have a cancellation unfortunately & the site was in our concentrated area. When you call, tell them about the open spot due to a cancellation and they should be able to put you there. I can't imagine them putting a non-rally rig in amongst all us Heartlands! Keep me posted!

dnkdancer

I will give them a ring and let you know what they say..
If we can get in, we (wife, 2 kids and a lab) will be there. Thanks.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
dnkdancer,

Welcome to the Heartland family. Hope you're able to secure a spot for the PA rally. We'll be there and look forward to meeting you. There's a NJ chapter forming up also, and their new chapter leader (dbylinski) will be at the rally and is also a frequent forum user. You may want to contact her also about joining the NJ chapter.

Gus

dnkdancer

Well I called the campground and they already reserved the spot for someone else. I ended up getting a spot in the "new section" (A14) so we will be there but unfortunately not in the rally area. We will be arriving Friday night so we will see you then, looking forward to it.

dieselsweetheart

Well you may not be in the rally area but you are certainly in the rally!!! Welcome!!! Our guys will sure to get on their Segways and come over to see you...!!!! Don't forget our pot luck dinner on Saturday...I have posted a list...
When you arrive on Friday you will see our Heartland signs...just follow them to get back to our area...although we will be on the look-out for all new arrivals!

Are you ok on the directions to get there??? Let me know if there is anything else you need!! What are the ages of your kids??

dieselsweetheart

Wow, they gave away our Heartland spot already??? I wonder to whom??? Maybe someone else is coming I don't know about...or maybe it's a SOB?? Well we will have some fun, won't we???? :)

porthole

Retired
Why would they give up one spot in a group and not put an additional reservation in the new section. I'm sure as time draws near there may be a change or two in the status of all the people coming.

dieselsweetheart

Yeah I don't know why they were so quick to fill up one of our spots when they have the new area yet to be filled.... well...we might be surprised and find it's a Heartland in there....

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Cheryl, We decided to make our dessert Pineapple Pie! You can add that to your list. We waited for your list to post before choosing and then went off to Virginia in a hurry as my aunt passed away.:(

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Why would they give up one spot in a group and not put an additional reservation in the new section. I'm sure as time draws near there may be a change or two in the status of all the people coming.

Campgrounds do strange things as a normal way of business. We went to a local KOA a couple of weeks ago and tried to reserve a full hook up pull thru site - none available they said. So we got a back-in, water-electric only, that was a difficult back-in to say the least (but I love to test my skills occasionally:D). We sat there the whole weekend admiring:rolleyes: (or some other word) the empty full hook up pull thrus right across the street from us (didn't bother asking about them because I wasn't going to go through the trouble of moving after spending 20 minutes getting into my site).

dnkdancer

Beats me? Im not sure that the young girl on the phone knew exactly what was going on since it took her 5 mins to figure out there was a rally there after i gave her all of the details. She said "are you sure it is here?"

My boys are 5 and 9. And then there is Zuku, my 9 month old freaky chocolate lab.

dieselsweetheart

Jim B suggested I call the Pine Grove and see what happened and if it was possible to move the person they booked into that site. I talked to "Bill" who said that the person who's going to be in that site is arriving on the 14th with a POP-UP. Ok, so no one will see him in there with all our BIG HORNS and such... and he'd better forget a view of the mountain with Dave's Cyclone blocking his way.... LOL

He said he'd check to see if he could move him, but apparently EVERY SITE is booked for that w/e. Well, DH and I are arriving on the 12th and we will see what we can do. Maybe someone out of the general population will have cancelled (ya know, sick kids, for example) and the pop-up can get moved.... if there's a way to arrange it you know I will!!!

dieselengineer

Charter Member
Beats me? Im not sure that the young girl on the phone knew exactly what was going on since it took her 5 mins to figure out there was a rally there after i gave her all of the details. She said "are you sure it is here?"

It appears that the 1-800 number goes to a general answer office located out of state if the campground is busy when you place the call. That is why they did not know about the rally. The people at the campground do know about the rally, I mean really know about the rally. Their number is on our speed dial :)

dieselsweetheart

I just talked to "Doug" who told me they would put a hold on the site occupied by the pop-up...if they cancel, it belongs to us!

dieselsweetheart

Ya, I don't even have to introduce myself anymore...When my number shows up on their caller ID, I think they're like "OK, whose turn is it to talk to Cheryl Horst?"

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
We have a goal , if the pop-up stays !! We can work on them all weekend so they come back next year to the rally in a Heartland RV !! :)