First real trip out -- cosmetic damage!

BruteForce

So I'm sitting in the San Rafael Swell (near the Wickiup, about 30 miles west of Green River, UT).

Pulled into my dry camping spot yesterday and apparently got too close to a tree. My new rig now has scratches all along the right side and a puncture in the front door. I'm hoping I can buff out most of the scratches and patch the door (rather than replace).

Too dusty out here right now to worry about it.

Lesson learned: When dry camping in a new location, its best to have another adult with you to watch the rear of the 5'er.

I went out as the advanced party (with my 12 year old son) to hold a spot while everyone else will show up Friday and Saturday.

PUG

Pug
Nice scratches. Possibly some rubbing compound on the side. Might be able to get a door panel from the manufactuer.
They do take a bit of a wide swing to get around. minus one point

You are driving the same looking pickup that I have so you get plus one point.

The riding area you are in is great. Try down by Moab too. Some real great riding down there. Plus one point. Overall you are one ahead but wait till the old lady and riding partners get there. **** will hit the fan....

BruteForce

Pug: We've ATV'd most of the South side of the Swell (Temple Mountain area), so this North side is quite an adventure. Did a bit of trail exploring today and found a route that's probably a bit over 100 miles. Had to come back to camp to load up on fuel. Windy and dry out here, but wouldn't want to be anywhere else right about now.

Where in Idaho are you based? I have family in Boise (and surrounding areas).