FloJet Electrical Hookup

BigGuy82

I just purchased a FloJet 18555 Portable RV Waste Pump Macerator for pumping out the black tank when the rig is in my driveway. This requires an electrical hookup to a 20 amp circuit. I could go from one of the batteries to the pump with an inline fuse but I was wondering where others with a Landmark, Big Horn or Big Country have hooked theirs up. I'd like to run the provided electrical connector into the utility compartment.

Any ideas are appreciated.

mlpeloquin

Installed a separate breaker, using 10ga wire in a loom, fished it to the UDC. Installed a good quality 12V appliance/cigarette lighter socket. Works well. The socket has a plug to keep it clean and dry. Most of these type of sockets are rated for 15A, so it is a search for a good one with the current rating. I don't remember where I got it. They do exist though.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Since mine sees little use I took the low road use a short #12 gauge extension cord with alligator clips that I just clip to the battery when needed.
Works for me.

Peace
Dave

BigGuy82

Thanks to everyone for this great information - a lot of great ideas to choose from. This all makes the job a lot easier!