Floorplan Concerns

cpipper

My wife and I are upgrading from a TT to a 5'er and would like some information regarding floorplans. We are looking at the BH 3185 and have concerns with the North South Bed and storage. We also are looking at the BH 3055 and BH 3070. We would welcome ANY and alll information that you could provide to us regarding these three floorplans.

Thanks and have a great weekend.

God Bless our Military!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hi cpipper, welcome to the forum. This is a great place to get and share information.
You sure are looking at some nice floor plans. Have you done a side by side comparison at the Heartland RVs web site?
For instance, you will find that the 3185 and the 3070 come with a queen mattress. You can get a king or an optional queen in the 3055. Don't know what you like.
You will lose some closet space with the north south bed. But there is good storage in the hallway.
If you like the 3185 and have concerns about the bedroom, consider looking at the 3585. Same downstairs different bedroom.
The 3055 has been around a long time and I think is one of the most popular floor plans.
It's all a matter of give and take. Find the one you like most and go for it.
Hope you become a Heartland owner soon.

Peace
Dave

bobber

We purchased the 3070 last October and love it. There is plenty of storage in the bedroom. The closet for the washer and dryer is being used to store my husbands cloths and it works very well. My cloths are in the large closet with several stored items. The only thing we wish was that we could store under the bed. There is a bottom just a couple of inches from the wood for the mattress so nothing will fit but a few sheets that have to be unfolded part way to fit. We love the floor plan in the living room and kitchen. The TV is in a perfect place to see from the recliners and sofa and the fireplace is across the room so you really feel the heat without burning up with it close to you. We got the island in the kitchen and I find it very useful when I cook. I can't think of anything negative except the fan over the stove is part of the microwave and it is vented inside the unit. We are going to take it back to the dealer as soon as things slow down for him and have the vent redone to the outside. Good luck on your new purchase.

jdfishing

We've had our 3055RL since 2007 and, for the most part love it. There are some things we like better about the other units, but there is a trade off between features and overall size. If we go to a larger unit, I have to buy a larger truck and I'm not interested in that at the moment. There are many, many things to consider when selecting the floor plan for you. Just keep in mind, "the big picture". Don't let one feature guide your decision making. Happy hunting.