Ford PSD Owners Must Read

jcarnevale

DIESELPOWER magazine has a great article on the Powerstroke engine controls and how it works! It's on page 130 of the September 2010 issue. This includes 7.3L, 6.0L and 6.4L engines.

Jay

caissiel

Its a great TV magazine, they do cover the maintenance of all diesels very well.
I just jump over the drag racing articles.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Can you read the article online? Is it the Sept. issue or Oct. ? I would like to read the article.. Where did you purchase the magazine?

BC

ricatic

Although presented nicely, this info is a derivative of the info available in the diesel tech libraries. It has been available for years. They are titled "The 6.? Bible". Insert your engine type where the ? is. There is a version already published for the new 6.7 Ford diesel. I rarely read the diesel mags. Their information, while often correct, is way behind the knowledge curve. An example would be the last editions of both rags had articles on the egr cooler/oil cooler issues that plague the 6.0 series engine. Both articles rely heavily on a paid advertisers products and expertise to write them. Hardly unbiased reporting, but it is informative. The problem is the information is almost 2 years old. The egr cooler/oil cooler problems have been discussed at length on all the Ford Diesel forums. The cures have even been posted here. JMHO YMMV