Forum Issues - June to August 2012

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Forum capcity issues

About 2/3 the time I check the forum I get "server busy" at some point.

Is it Tapatalk access that has introduced a flood of activity? Seems like we've had more issues since this technology was introduced.

Not sayin' I want it to go away, just sayin'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Re: Forum capcity issues

Gang, I can almost assure you, Jim B and LK are working on this issue. Trust me, it's getting frustrating. Especially when you reply to a post and have it disappear after it's submitted and the forum is too busy. My auto save feature doesn't seem to work either.
I've sent an inquiry to both Jim & LK for their reassurance.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders

Gang, I can almost assure you, Jim B and LK are working on this issue. Trust me, it's getting frustrating. Especially when you reply to a post and have it disappear after it's submitted and the forum is too busy. My auto save feature doesn't seem to work either.
I've sent an inquiry to both Jim & LK for their reassurance.

Yep, I started a thread under modifications and never could get the pics uploaded and eventually lost the whole thing:(

wdk450

Last Saturday Jim B. was giving a class on using the Heartland Forum at the Canyonville rally. Most of us had our computers with us, and most of us could not get on the forum most of the time.

Jim B. IS aware of this.

Westwind

Server Question

For the last two nights at about 9:30 PM to 10:30 PM I can't get onto the Heartland Bighorn Forum and get a message that the Server is busy try later. I have never had that message before and never had a problem getting on the forum. Is there something I should be doing that I'm not doing? I'm wondering if any of the other members are experiencing this? I'm sure the number of members on this forum has risen dramatically over the last few years.
Thanks in advance for the answers.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Re: Server Question

yep, we've hit this on another thread as well. Word is Jim B is aware of the problem and they are working to fix it.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired

Glad to see Jim B. is aware of issues. It seems to be getting worse day by day. Maybe we should go back to rationing< odd days lefties can use forum even days righties. After mid night and between 6am no limit. Might help JMHO. Ok ok dear I wil get back in my man cave. Dam it she caught me again.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member

It was worse than usual today. The only way I was able to resolve it was to log out and then log back in. Seems to be working for now. Gets frustrating.

TXBobcat

Fulltime

Ha! Sometimes it is nice to see two threads at once!
:eek:

Me too.. I will have a list of threads open to see the new threads. I open a thread I want to read in a seperate window. Close the window I have just read and open another but always leaving the list of threads open to the same group.

BC

pegmikef

so far this week I have had two good days (not today) and have been bumped out at least twice on the other days. Users were plus or minus 300 each time.

evolvingpowercat

I hoped when I started this tread that someone responsible for the owners forum would post a "yeah we know it busted here is what we are doing about it" to this or one of the other threads documenting that there are big problems. Guess if a few more days goes by without any response its time to start complaning to the Heartland Owners Club leadership about it.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

The server is still getting busy. Sounds like having only one waiter at a banquet for 10,000.

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
Forum

Over the last couple of days everytime I sign into the forum and try to open a post or comment to one I receive a mesage the server is busy try again later. Is anyone else having this trouble?