Forum Issues - June to August 2012

wildwolfproducts

Re: Why the constant problem connecting to this Forum?

Glad to hear its not only me that has been getting this message. Looking forward to getting back where it was.
Pete

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors

New message I have never seen before... "Forum requires you wait 10 seconds before switching post, please wait 8 seconds and try again"

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

Must be more outsourcing. Maybe we're using Chinese electrons.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Re: Forum working

Another problem for the forum gurus. I am here on my iPad and this pic covers a portion of almost every post.

//heartlandowners.org/webkit-fake-url://125A4454-AA30-44FE-A2B9-3974DB96FBA2/imagejpeg

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Forum working

Another problem for the forum gurus. I am here on my iPad and this pic covers a portion of almost every post.

//heartlandowners.org/webkit-fake-url://125A4454-AA30-44FE-A2B9-3974DB96FBA2/imagejpeg

No picture??😨

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Re: Forum working

On my laptop and it seems to be working for the last couple of days. Good work. Looks like a few things needs to be tweeked but it is up and running again.

Hang in there gang...

BC

jbeletti

Re: Server Question

We recently got another core added to our virtual server used for the forum and that has seemed to have helped significantly.

I have combine about 10 "forum issue" threads into this one, in case anyone is looking for a thread they created or posted in. There are about a half dozen more I'll merge into here later, just to keep this Summer's forum woes discussion in a single place.

Thanks all for your patience. Hope you've been out enjoying your summer in your Rv rather than being super frustrated with the forum :)

Jim

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Still happens occasionally for me, but much much much improved!!! Thank you thank you LK and JB!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I am doing real well. Haven't been dropped out in the last two days. Looks like it is getting back to normal.

Stll missing a few thing that we could check and use.
Can't see who is online.
Can't see how many members and how many guests are online.
Can't see who is having birthdays. (like to see who is older than me.. LOL)
Can't use the Active Topics drop down when reading resent posts. Only see it when opened in the Forum basic.

In Forum Base: Active Topics drop down available.
Active Topics 1.JPG
Listing resent posts.. Active Topics can only be accessed by going back to the Forum Base. Use to be always active in a search list.
Active Topics 2.JPG

Otherwise I find the forum running well. Thanks for all the work even when we are crying about not getting on. However that shows you how much we like being here...

BC

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Re: Forum: What has changed??

I also like to see the original post when I click but don't launch the thread link. Gives me an idea of what the post is about. Now I only get about 5 words and that is all.
I also don't see the total users on the thread, number of members and number of guests. That is gone.

Great Job !!! They are back. I can review a post before opening it. Great.. Still busy 93 members and 277 guests... New possibilites... Come on in... Have a great time.

BC

pegmikef

Got back from the dead zone last night after five days and I am very pleased with the performance. No hiccups since I have been back. Thanks everybody for your efforts and resolution of the problem.

SilverRhino

Great Job!!

Everything seems to be working just great and all the missing "extra" are back.....Thank you for all your hard work!!

RollingHome

Steve the OP wrote the comment below on July 23 rd. My answer is yes as of 5:00 PM today. The forum changes my format, drops line spacing, changes font size, won't allow me to edit, I can't use the v Bulletin spell check... it is barely usable still. The one big plus is not getting booted off every time. The latest message I get is - I am told to wait at least 10 seconds between choices when I initially log on and have not chosen anything yet ??? The forum still has some issues, I'm sure these are being worked through though.[h=2]Forum Issues - June to August 2012[/h]
In attempting to edit some spelling errors in a recent post, when selecting (Edit Post), I do not get back any of the original text. In other words...there is nothing for me to edit and I would have to retype my entire post. Anyone else having this issue?​

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I did not want to start another thread to comment on some problems that have started for me.

I have found that if I try to edit a post that I make my session locks up and I have to work hard to get the window to close. I also had a problem replying to a PM that was sent to me.

I don't think it is my computer because I have no problem with other forums. It just seems to happen when I try to modify a post or a PM. I have no problem making a reply or starting a new thread.

This has been going on for a couple or three days.

FWIW
BC

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Re: Server Question

I recently edited post of mine and had no issues. I'll test that with this post.

Edit seems to be OK for me..

Last edited: