Forum Issues - June to August 2012

Re: Why the constant problem connecting to this Forum?

Must be on your end. I am able to log on anytime with no problems. As far as being slow, that must be on your end also.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member

I am getting the server busy message too as are a number of others. Be patient as we have been informed they are working on this issue as we speak.

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors

The "Too Busy" situation has been ongoing for over a week now and seems to be getting worse.
Hopeing the computer fairy will get it fixed soon. :)

Slow? sometimes / sometimes not

ILH

The "server busy" issue is real and increasing in frquency. Last night I couldn't read or post to any threads - I finally gave up.

RanCarr

I thought something must be wrong. I knew it wasn't on my end because I had no problem connecting to the other Forums I love. Connecting here has always been a bit slow but the "too busy" page was really getting to me. This is what I keep getting. :(

TooBusy.jpg

jbeletti

Why the constant problem connecting to this Forum?

We believe we've found the culprit. New source code is being compiled now and hopefully, the fix implemented soon.

pegmikef

Great, thanks. Do they have a test bed or is this the test bed?

CliffP

Yep, we've been getting the same error off and on for the last couple of weeks. It always used to be reliable and there's no reason it won't get right back there once things are fixed. :)

RanCarr

I hope they get it fixed soon. :) I was about to give up there for awhile thinking the Forum had been abandoned or had a major server crash.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator

I hope they get it fixed soon. :) I was about to give up there for awhile thinking the Forum had been abandoned or had a major server crash.

I just read your post in a different thread regarding losing your post and having to re-type it. I found a way around that. Actually 2. One is to copy your post and then if you do lose it, you can just paste a new reply. The other, if you click on submit and lose the post due to the server being busy, just keep hitting the reload button at the end of the browser address bar. It will eventually go through. I keep forgetting to copy so the 3nd option works better for me.

rick_debbie_gallant

I am really thinking it could be the upcoming blue moon that is causing the computer problems. You know how those full moons affect things, right?

MTPockets

We travel and use the Verizon MiFi which works great on every website we've tried - - - except one... That site has nothing to do with RV's, but one I like to check on occassion. Working with Verizon they finally found that their device supplier found the problem and is in the process of writing new software for an update. Point is, while for six months I was blaming the site, and communicating via phone with their tech people, I learned that it's not always the site with the problem.

Urban350

Forum working

Is it my imagination but I thnk the forum is working much better today. Great work to whoever fixed it, thanks.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Re: Forum working

I think you might be right , finally read two posts and not knocked off yet........Kenny

P.S.......I think I spoke to soon, after this post poooooooof was gone.

Urban350

Was just trying to start of the day on a positive note I guess, and everybody must have slept in today lol....

pegmikef

We are headed out today to a state park where there is no cell or wifi, so hopefully when we get back everything will be working correctly. Thanks to everybody who are trying to resolve this issue.

Herbiesrig

North Central Region Directors-Retired

Like the ole saying goes.... "What 5 minutes and things change" Let's hope it is fixed..