Forum Too Busy

jnbhobe

I'm still having the too busy message right in the middle of viewing the forum. I have to sign out and come back, I can't get thru the current posts with out getting the boot, and half the time when I respond to a post I loose it because its too busy.

Herbiesrig

North Central Region Directors-Retired
Yes, we have been getting the same message and it is quite annoying... I just stay off of it for a day or two and the same message appears. I am sure that someone will find the problem...

KaosAD

It's probably an Apachce request issue or there's a problem in the pipe or a bug in the software (Apache, php, vB) or a problem at the data center or..... There are a ton of logs to go through to track these things down. The IT guys need do other daily tasks dealing with computers, servers and their users plus the unnecessary tasks of eating and sleeping :rolleyes: I'm sure in the next few days it will be resolved. I'm just grateful for the forum and the staff who maintain this place. It still amazes me that some people complain about free services.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Besides getting the too busy sign, the forum is really SLOOOOOW to respond.
I've noticed this too. I'm not sure if it's the forum or my Verizon MiFi. Other sites are a bit slow but ot near as slow as the forum's response. Also, while waiting for the page to load, no other action can be done with the cursor. I guess we'll just wait & see.:(

mobilcastle

I am really not complaining as I like to read and post in this forum. Thank you to all who make this forum possible!!

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
It's probably an Apachce request issue or there's a problem in the pipe or a bug in the software (Apache, php, vB) or a problem at the data center or..... There are a ton of logs to go through to track these things down. The IT guys need do other daily tasks dealing with computers, servers and their users plus the unnecessary tasks of eating and sleeping :rolleyes: I'm sure in the next few days it will be resolved. I'm just grateful for the forum and the staff who maintain this place. It still amazes me that some people complain about free services.

Well said....thank you to those who volunteer their time and effort!!

jbeletti

Our technical moderator does the forum work in his spare time. By day, he works for NetApp. He's been pouring over millions of log lines. He will find the issue - just takes time as we do not have a Heartland employee staffer that does this sort of work for us.

Last time we had this, it was a PHP issue. Who knows what it is this time. There are so many layers, so many things that are dependent on other things. So much that can go wrong. Most of the time, it all plays nice. Then someone, usually from a land far away, throws a wrench into the machine :(

I know some have had real trouble getting in. For me, I have always been able to get in. I do notice the slowness though.

Thanks everyone for the patience.

Now, back to washing and waxing the RV. And all the other preventive maintenance stuff - before you head out to your first/next rally/camping of the season :)

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Well it has been working well since last night and good this morning... Funny thing tho, when I would use tapatalk it always worked..

Thanks Kid.. Appreciate your work and talent..

BC

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Just as soon as I posted the above it kicked me off again..

So far this afternoon I have had no problem...

BC

kowAlski631

Seems like someone woke up the hamsters & got them back on the wheel to keep the forum running. Knock wood - I've had no issues today with accessing or posting. Thanks so much.