Frame for 2012 Road Warrior 381ck

kenaruth

I am looking to purchase a 2012 Road Warrior 381ck and a friend said to check on the quality of the frame with something this long. Can someone tell me who makes the frame and what type of frame it is? Also, has anyone had any issues with bending or cracking?
Thanks
Ken

jimtoo

Hi Ken,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I am not sure, but think Heartland gets all their frames from Lippert. As to problems with them, I don't remember any one posting about frames except on some of the older models and they were not toy haulers. If there were any, I think this is the first place folks go to and post their complaint.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

kenaruth

Jim,
Thanks, I called Heartland and they indeed confirmed that they use Lippert frames and suggested that I call Lippert directly. I tried calling Lippert to get some additional information but was unable to reach a person to speak to about the matter, had to leave a message.

danemayer

Jim,
Thanks, I called Heartland and they indeed confirmed that they use Lippert frames and suggested that I call Lippert directly. I tried calling Lippert to get some additional information but was unable to reach a person to speak to about the matter, had to leave a message.

kenaruth,

When you do get through to Lippert, I expect you'll find they're very proud of their products.

I would think that if there were a problem with the Lippert frames on toy haulers, there would be a lot of Road Warrior and Cyclone owners posting about problems. Since that's not happening, I would conclude there is no problem with the frame.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
kenaruth, Lippert makes frames for the majority of RV's being towed on the road today. It's my guess that Lippert Engineers and Heartland engineers come together for the design and Lippert puts out the finished product. I'd guess the Road Warrior 381 would have a 12" I-Beam frame.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Ray is correct. Lippert supplies about 80% of all frames for RV's. I would say that most TH have a Lippert frame. The only known TH'ers that had a problem was Road Warriors ( no longer in business). The frame did not have enough gussets to hold up the bodys and the bodies would drop down.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Ray is correct. Lippert supplies about 80% of all frames for RV's. I would say that most TH have a Lippert frame. The only known TH'ers that had a problem was Road Warriors ( no longer in business). The frame did not have enough gussets to hold up the bodys and the bodies would drop down.

Bob, Heartland is making Road Warriors. I'm not sure though if they purchased the line from someone else.
I remember a while back some folks had frames that were cracking parallel to the frame near the spring/shackle mounting tabs. They resolved it by better gussets and blocking the frame in the spring area. I haven't heard of any frame issues lately though.