Fredericksburg Texas

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
Arrived yesterday in Fredericksburg. Real nice town with lots of sites to see. Pacific War Museum, wineries, Enchanted rock state park, not mention many other places. Will be here a 9 days. Staying at Fredericksburg RV Park. A very nice park with all pull thru's, clean and well maintained.

jimtoo

Yep, all those sites to see, but you did not mention all the good places to eat that German food. :D

And don't forget the Wildseed Farms, 7 miles East of town on Hwy 290. A really nice place, and all the flowers should be in full bloom now. Lots to see there.

Yes, the Fredricksburg RV Park is a very nice park, well maintained and nice people. None

We will be there on the 23rd and 24th.

Last edited:

seamo

Bob and Christina Seaman
Hi B ummit we are now in San Antonio and are going to Fredricksburg on Sunday....see you then and look forward to meeting you.

jcd8822

Joseph
There is a lot of good German food in Fredericksburg. The drive out Hwy 290 to the Wildseed Farm is worth the trip. If you like to plant things like I do, then it is recommended you leave your money and credit cards back in the rig. There is a lot of neat things in the gift shop. Their snack/bar restaurant should be open by now.

Joseph
Sealy TX

madigand

All the great german food and all them wineries. Still have not made the complete wine tasting circle of all the wineries.:p

TXBobcat

Fulltime
If you happen to be in the San Antonio, Houston area make a stop a Schulenburg, TX. Go see the painted churches, go a little north to Shiner TX and see a church there and the Shiner brewery. I went thru a number of the cemeterys around the church and was really suprised at the names on the head stones. Very intresting.

Also if you go more around Houston you might go to Brookshire/Katy Tx and see the model of the China forbidden city. It also is intresting.

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
Went to Porky's and had a hamburger last night. Toured the Pacific war muesum this morning and going to the Pow Wow this evening. Meeting lots of nice people here and myself and DW hve decided that we could live here. Our friends that are with us who are full timers have decided that they may winter here.
Bill