Fresh tank vent lines

ChopperBill

My 3055 has 3 vent lines coming from the tank(from the left, center and right side of the tank) to the bottom of the trailer and one vent line next to the fill at the docking station. How many vents on the new "11's" (3610RE)? Will you loose water going down the road trough the vents unless you put on some shut off valves like I did mine? Our camping style has changed some what and we wont be traveling with a full tank but its nice to know what to expect.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
My 3670 only has the one vent next to the fill port. The things hanging under the rig are the two low point drains (curb side) and the one fresh water tank drain near the sewer connection. All three have valves on them. On the TT we had, those same lines had screw caps instead of valves.

ChopperBill

Thanks John. Having three vents on the tank would insure a complete fill but changing our camping style makes it not such a big deal. I haul my water to the site and pump it in, never run out.

jbeletti

Bill,

Here's how the fresh water tanks on LM/BH/BC are done now for vents: We connect all the vents together using lengths of PEX and the combined vent line in vinyl is brought up to the fill-port vent hole.

The PEX lines encircle the perimeter of the tank up top. If I can, I'll look for a picture and post it back here.

The only trouble I have read here on this new method is that sometimes, the vent (vinyl) line has a low spot that allows air to accumulate. When this happens, most owners have found that grabbing this line, pulling up on it and securing it with a tie-wrap, is the fix. Of course, doing it right the first time "in the plant" is the goal - and I think we are hitting the mark "most of the time".

Jim