Fresh Water Leaking into Toilet although water supply was shutoff on North Trail 26lrss

Hello,

ful and had it delivered mid May of 2014 to our permanant park location with a town water supply hookup.

About 2 weeks ago, our 2014 North Trail 26 LRSS, which is about 13 months old, began to leak water out of the toilet though the water was off and we were absent. We got a call from our park manager saying that there was water leaking out of the back door (bedroom). As we had left a key for emergencies, he went in saw that the toilet water supply sprayer had water dripping into the toilet from itm thus causing it to eventually overflowe onto the floor and the water found its way under the wall and outside, either under the bedroom door or near it.

This was a mystery as the town water supply valve was shut off. Our park manager propped the toilet drain valve open with a wood shim so that any further water that might come in would run into the black water tank. Unable to get to the park that is 2 hours from home, we called our dealer who inspected the situation 3 days after the fact. He reported that all was dry and he could not see anything. The water seems to have stopped leaking.

Concerned about a recurrence, I opened and drained the blue and red valves under the trailer near the bathroom. I am not sure if that is effective, but I wanted to do anything to prevent a recurrence.

Has anyone had this experience? If so, do you know what caused it? Diverter valve? Check valve? I am still getting to know my trailer and would be grateful for any suggestions as to how to find the cause of the problem and prevent a recurrence.

Gary French
Ontario

jimtoo

Hi Gary,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of our other members will jump in with some opinions for you soon. I am wondering if you might have had the water pump on. It happens some times that folks hookup and also turn on the water pump switch and it is not needed, but never hear it run because the city pressure is enough to keep it from turning on.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Thanks Kindly Jim for your quick and welcoming reply. We love our North Trail, but are still getting used to it. I will indeed check and see of the water pump is on. I am so new to the process that I will have to look to find out where that water pump switch is. I thought that the water pump just cycled on and off as water taps are turned on and off. This experience has made me realize that I need to read the manual. I plan to read through the water systems Guide this weekend.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Your first three postings will be moderated. That is why you did not see your second post.
I deleted your third as it was a duplicate.

Peace
Dave

olcoon

It sounds like you had the city water valve shut off, I assume it was at the faucet where the hose is connected? If you are getting city water, you don't need to have the water pump on, as the city water pressure will supply water to everything inside your camper. If you are connected to city water, & have the valve turned off, even if there was a leak, there shouldn't be much water leaking out, just what's in the lines. However if you have water in your fresh water tank, and the pump is turned on, it will keep pumping water until the FW tank goes dry, or the pump wears out.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Did you use the trailer this winter? If you did, did you drain and fill the water systems with RV anti freeze? Water left in any thing like a toilet, W/H, water lines etc, etc will freeze and break things. I'm sure you had some very cold days this winter.