Fresh water storage Heartland North Trails 2014 27BHDS

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Re: RV friendly funnel for fresh water tank fill . . .

This water jug spout fit perfectly in the fresh water fill inlet. Stick it in and pull the vent plug on the jug and it's like Nascar gas can. Not quite that fast but very quick and no spills. Walmart usually has them in the stores also.

http://www.amazon.com/Reliance-Products-Desert-Traditional-Container/dp/B0002IW6IY

View attachment 29512

I looked at those . . . but the two I bought have wheels!

Makes the walk to and from the water pump at the camp ground much easier on the arms and back.

And one of them has a built-in flip-out spout . . . the other a spicket, neither of which will accept a hose.

I guess I just need to engineer some kind of brace to hold a funnel pointing upward!

Mrsfish

Re: RV friendly funnel for fresh water tank fill . . .

We dry camp mostly, so have become very adept at 'more water' issues. Our resolution is a 33 gallon plastic barrel. It stays in the trailer when stored and when camping it is simply out back. When needed it is put in the back of the truck, taken to the water source, filled and backed up to the fresh water fill. We use a plumbers suction pump (manual) to transfer it from the barrel to the trailer. The only exercise is the pumping for the transfer, but maybe 5 minutes only since the pump works on both the pull and the push. We've had friends rig a battery operated pump to their barrel, but we want as little extra 'stuff' as possible. Btw - we keep the barrel in the bathroom when traveling or storing as it's then out of the way and that room is ventilated for any residual humidity. When traveling to regions with bad water (Mexico) we can take our own. Works great