Fresh Water Tank Filled It's Self

Chippendale

I used my Gateway over the New Year's weekend and when I drained my tanks I checked the sensors and they all showed empty except the fresh water tank and it showed full. I figured this was a bad sensor since I never use it because I am always in a park with water hook ups. This afternoon I opened all the low water drains and apparently the fresh tank was full. I am assuming there is some sort of back flow device somewhere between the fresh tank and the city water plumbing system. Is this correct, and if so, where is it located and is it something someone with limited ability can fix or should I call the mobile repair guy?

Lynn1130

You may want to do a search here concerning this problem. There are several threads with people who have had this issue but if you have the Anderson Valve that is the first place to begin looking. There is a known problem with the valve where the o-rings leak filling the tank. The second is a back flow valve that can cause the problem.

Anderson will send you a new cartridge free if that is the issue.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
In the mean time while you are waiting for a replacement Anderson valve or check valve you can leave the fresh water drain valve open to prevent overflow.

Peace
Dave

pegmikef

Instead of draining the tank, I just turned off the city water and started using the pump and monitored the tank level. When it was empty I switched back to city water and did the same thing when the fresh water tank was filled again (it took a few days). I put an inline check valve in the input line of the pump and have not had the problem since.