Fresh water tank leak

fritzwell

I need a bit of guidance. We have a new Sundance 3270 RES, after getting it home from the dealer, I noticed a wet spot under the unit and the belly cover was sagging. I thought we had drained all of the tanks before heading home, but we failed to completely drain the fresh water tank. When I opened the valve maybe 4-5 gal. finished draining and the drip also stopped. My question is, can I access the tank by dropping the wall in the cargo bay or do I need to drop the belly cover ? Also, if dropping the cover is required is there anything I need to be aware of doing it ?

Thanks, Fritzwell

fritzwell

Yes Sir, that was my first thought also. May be coincidental that the leak stopped after I finished draining the fresh water tank I guess. I just don't want to head out for Jellystone in July with known problems. Guess I'll drop the cover and check it out, it's really interesting how many problems folks have with new units.
Thanks for your thoughts though

bigdob24

I thought I had a leak in the fresh water tank last fall in Texas. When I filled it completely water started to run out between the chloroplast and frame. When I turned off the water it stopped.
When I returned this spring I took it to my dealer they dropped the belly and checked it out and found nothing.
They tell me that condensation and rain can puddle and then be pressed out when you fill the tank.
Must be the case as it has not leaked since .
Going to put a small cut in the center of where it bags so it can weep out if it accumulates again.
Dan

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Find the low spot in the coroplast and drill a 1/4" hole. Do it very carefully. don't drill toooo deep. Either way, if its just rain water it will drain out or if you have a leak it will drain. You can keep an eye on and see if the leaking still happens.