Fresh water tank.

I have a 2011 ER27RLS. How many gallons does the fresh water tank hold not including the hot water heater? I can only get 36 gallons into it even after burping the system.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Charlietractor and welcome to the forum. Good place to get and share information.
According to the HeartlandRVs web site your Eagle Ridge had a fresh water capacity of 57 gallons.
One thing that comes to mind is that if your vent hose is mounted too low it will get water into is and not allow proper venting.
If you take a look by the fresh water fill you should see another little screened hole. That would be the vent. Take a piece of hose and hold it tight to the vent hole. Then take a deep breath and blow into the hose. This will get the water out of the vent. Then try to fill to capacity.
Hope this helps you.

Peace
Dave

57chevyconvt

Cookie, your solution to the problem is what has allowed me to fill my 75 gal. tank. Thanks for the advice. Should I try to elevate the vent hose to prevent water collection during the filling operation?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
During our last visit to the BH, I decided to add some water to our never-used tank...just for toilet flushing during a power failure. I got about 15 gallons in before it started flowing back out the port. It's not the vent hose, but the fill hose. It had a dip behind the UDC and as the droop filled with water, it drooped lower until it stopped flowing to the tank. I reached behind the UDC (home-made access door), lifted the hose, and it continued to fill. I didn't have a sturdy enough section of extra hose on hand to stick in past the droop and the clear plastic hose I had got blocked at a bend further into it.

Just another thing to check when filling the tank. I'm bringing some short water hose I've got this next trip to make a better fill tube extension. Might even do some reno on the fill tube while it's in storage next month.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Cookie, your solution to the problem is what has allowed me to fill my 75 gal. tank. Thanks for the advice. Should I try to elevate the vent hose to prevent water collection during the filling operation?
I elevated the vent hose on my last rig. I have not had to do that with this one.
I think that would be a good idea. You may even be able to shorten it.

Peace
Dave

57chevyconvt

Cookie, I raised my vent hose and tye wrapped it to the line exit the HW heater. I also am having the same problem that John mentioned with water burping out of the fill hose. I made a 2' long fill hose out of a piece of thin wall clear plastic hose and plastic hose fitting that I purchased from Lowes. I have had this problem from the get go. I reported this to the dealer where I took delivery of the trailer and they checked it out, as luck would have it they didn't have the problem that I was having. Raising the vent line and the longer fill hose has been a big help. Since I haven't seen much written on the subject, I guess that we are the fortunate few that have had the privilege of working out the solution to this problem of the Big Burp. BTW, the flexible fill hose and vent line dissapear in the underworld of the trailer belly, therefore I cannot see if there is a droop in the fill line or vent line when it goes beyond the black water tank.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Cookie, BTW, the flexible fill hose and vent line dissapear in the underworld of the trailer belly, therefore I cannot see if there is a droop in the fill line or vent line when it goes beyond the black water tank.
Yeah, I hear ya on that. You will need to remove the #14 self drilling screws that hold the Coroplast underbelly material up on the off door side to see where it all goes. The fresh water tank is located above the axles. It's a chore, but it can be done.
I found my sag right after it leaves the fresh water tank.

Peace
Dave

wdk450

I wonder if you could support some or all of the freshwater fill hose with pieces of plastic gutter suspended from the frame or floor studs?

BorgX

Can someone answer this dumb question please? :) I did have the same issue filling the tank but my dealer fixed it. No clue what they did though. I thought they said there was a "kink" in the fill line. Shortened it to fix it... "I think". Anyway, I filled my tank and used as much of the water as the pump would allow. There has to be more water in the tank. I opened the low point drain valve and almost no water came out. Is there somewhere else to empty the tank that I'm missing? Thanks in advance!!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I think the only way to really know how much water you got into the tank is to have a water meter of some kind at the input. I have one, and put 20 gallons into my 75 gallon tank and it still reads empty. That's because I'm 5 gallons shy of the 1/3 level sensor (the tank is shy, not me!!).

If you've run your pump dry and nothing is coming out of the tank drain, then you've used all that was available, save a couple of gallons that might not be retrievable due to the tank design.