Fuel Mileage

ChopperBill

Jimmyt5 said:
My Dad told me that guys lie about how many girlfriends they had and gas mileage!!!!!!:D
I would tell you about my girlfriend quotas but Renee looks in every once in a while. :eek:

ChopperBill

DennisZ said:
Are the mileage numbers you guys are seeing using the Edge programmers coming from the built in trip computer or hand calculated? The "lie-o-meter" in my truck will give me those kind of mileage numbers, but in reality are much lower when hand calculated. My average mileage towing 4200 miles this summer was about 10.6.

If those numbers are real, I'm going to get the Edge.

Dennis
Dennis, I have found my "lie-o-meter" pretty close to my hand calculations. I have to take into account that my speedo is off 2-3 mph because of my larger tires. I was told to ADD about 10% to the mileage calculations when cruising in the 65 mph range. I never add that much as at lower speeds the speedo is more accurate. I generally add to the nearest .5 gallon. Towing I figure I am getting somewhat better than 1 mpg with the Edge. Hardly worth the expense but the performance gain is AWESOME. Haven't done much towing with the Edge yet but am headed to AZ this week and will keep a closer eye on it. I never keep accurate records because I am more concerned how good the truck runs. Besides we get free fuel if we stay a tank away from home. :D
I generally stay away from threads involving fuel mileage, dually vs. single wheels, Ford vs. Chevy etc. I must have had a stupid attack or are very bored! ;)

dbarnard

Before I installed the Edge chip the "lie o meter" and hand calcs were quite close. After install the meter said I was getting 26-27 mpg. Really big lie.

Pulltab

ChopperBill said:
PT, Thats pretty low millage for the Cummins. I hear lots of claims of 14 towing out of Dodge owners. Maybe they are the lying SOBs!:D

Actually the guys with the 5.9 cummins may very well be getting that but I have not even been close as far as pulling goes with the 6.7. I see some guys bragging about getting 15-17 towing HEAVY loads and I gotta believe that is ...........mmmmmmmmmmmmmm let's say less than correct. :) But anything is possible I guess.

Cooper

2008 F350 4X4 crewcab 372" towing 12 mpg @ 65. In town 15 mpg, highway not towing 21 mpg @ 65.

Princess Kathleen

Ford 2006 F350 6.0 powerstroke normally10.0 to 12.0 with 4 new goodyear tires on trailer. Worst 7 mpg when we went through Pennsylvania.

PK

Uncle Rog

Chopper, did you get the "attitude" or just the straight up unit? I know you have an attitude. Hey, I finally found some discharge hose to make the air bags.......

Dale Smith

Fuel Mileage Freightliner

2000 FL50 Freightliner RV hauler conversion. Cat 3126B at 275 HP and 810 FT Pds of torque.
Hauling a 2008 3055 BigHorn. Trip to Eastern Canada from London Ontario this summer. ....10.8 to 11.6 miles per gallon running at 17000 to 18000 rpm and 60 - 65 mph.

ChopperBill

Uncle Rog said:
Chopper, did you get the "attitude" or just the straight up unit? I know you have an attitude. Hey, I finally found some discharge hose to make the air bags.......
Got mine used for 200 bucks. It the one you have to put in gear with the key off stomp on the pedal and so a little witch craft. Works for me but I cant go into race car mode when some bumble bee POS pull up next to me.
Up date on the mileage. Went back to Wy this weekend. Wind was blowing in gusts at 50 mph. Got the head wind going and tail wind coming back. Was pulling my ATV with the new RZR, around 1400 lbs total, and Renee riding shot gun. Doing only 65 MPH ,because of the wind, and on level two I got a little over 18 mpg. Still pretty happy with that. Headed to AZ to drop off the Bighorn for our winter vacation and will keep a close account on the towing mileage details.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Dale Smith said:
2000 FL50 Freightliner RV hauler conversion. Cat 3126B at 275 HP and 810 FT Pds of torque.
Hauling a 2008 3055 BigHorn. Trip to Eastern Canada from London Ontario this summer. ....10.8 to 11.6 miles per gallon running at 17000 to 18000 rpm and 60 - 65 mph.

WOW! That's one high revving diesel:eek:

Dale Smith

Freightliner rpms !!

OOP's must have been a long day at work.....was carried away with the zero's on my rpm figures. 1700 to 1800 rpm. Thanks for the good hearted correction.None

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Hey Dale I want one of those. Patty and I could to Montana in a hurry. Kinda like a Z06 Vette..LOL

timk

05 Ram 23,000 combined with 3400
Worst tank 8.6 towing
Best tank 16.9 empty
43,000 mile calculated running average 12.4 60% towing 40% empty