Fuel Mileage

bking

2005 Ford F250 SD turbo diesel 4X4. When pulling our Golden Gate (about 15K lbs), I get about 10.5 mpg going just under speed limit. I get about 14mpg when not pulling.

jwb187

With my 2005 GMC 2500HD duramax/ally I get between 9.5 and 11.5 towing our 3055rl pending on the terrain. This is right around 60mph or just below 2000rpm's. Empty around town 15, on the road 20+.

crazybanshee

I have the cummins M11 plus with a total weight of 38800lbs. Uphill, downhill, into the wind, with the wind at average speed of 75MPH I average 9 to 11 MPG.

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
On out trip down to Branson and on up to the Goshen rally we got 9 - 12 MPG, the worst milage we got we were bucking winds..../Doug

gofish

chevy 2500hd

3300SK Sundance
2001 Chevy Silverado 2500HD crew cab, Duramax and Allison, 100,000 miles on odometer, 10-12 MPG towing on the highway between 60-70 MPH in the mountains of the West.

Looking forward to your spreadsheet.

Sundance_kid

Towing 1127 miles to colorado 11.4 pulling double, overall for 3490 mile trip was 13.7 running empty and towing.

jbeletti

First Tank Fuel Economy on 2007 6.0 PSD

Hey gang,

I took the new truck to Elkhart this week and did my first refueling.

My hand-calculated economy on the first refueling was 12.5 MPG.

So now I have just under 700 miles on the truck. I'll try to put another 500 or so on before the end of the year. I am "hoping" that when I get this engine broken in, that I may hit the 15 MPG (not-towing) range.

Jim

billd

Not bad for an F550. It should get some better the more miles you get on it. I have an F350 SRW and the best I have gotten is 20.5 crusing on the feeway with cruise control on (not towing). But I have 3.73 gears and I bet yours are 4.88.

Bill

Last edited:

ChopperBill

Made a round trip to Cheyenne last week, the first time with the Edge Juice. Set on level 2 traveling 70-75 MPH, empty, I got an amazing 23 mpg! Normally at that speed I get about 17-18.
Was hesitant to say anything because if someone else said that I would call 'em a no good lying SOB! :eek:

Pulltab

Bill, you lying SOB! :) :) :)

That is great mileage, my dodge is stuck around 14 :( but it has plenty of power. Towing ranges around 8-10, that's pulling the max weight of 14k

Last edited:

dbarnard

2000 F-250 Edge Juice w/Attitude pulling 3055 on the Oregon coast last week. 12 - 13. Empty 19 - 21

Barry & Alana

With our 2005 Duramax - not pulling 14.4 -14.6
Towing - 10.5-12.0 - (mountain climbing included) and speed variation

New Duramax 2008 - no hitch installed yet, so no towing yet:(

jjbowl

2006 F250 Crew short box 2 W/D V-10 Gasser 4.10

8-10 pulling 3400RL 12-14 empty

Just returned from our final long trip for the year, nebraska to maine and vermont and back. Winterized and just waiting for January to head to RGV.

ChopperBill

Pulltab said:
Bill, you lying SOB! :) :) :)

That is great mileage, my dodge is stuck around 14 :( but it has plenty of power. Towing ranges around 8-10, that's pulling the max weight of 14k
PT, Thats pretty low millage for the Cummins. I hear lots of claims of 14 towing out of Dodge owners. Maybe they are the lying SOBs!:D

Jimmyt5

ChopperBill said:
PT, Thats pretty low millage for the Cummins. I hear lots of claims of 14 towing out of Dodge owners. Maybe they are the lying SOBs!:D

My Dad told me that guys lie about how many girlfriends they had and gas mileage!!!!!!:D

DennisZ

Are the mileage numbers you guys are seeing using the Edge programmers coming from the built in trip computer or hand calculated? The "lie-o-meter" in my truck will give me those kind of mileage numbers, but in reality are much lower when hand calculated. My average mileage towing 4200 miles this summer was about 10.6.

If those numbers are real, I'm going to get the Edge.

Dennis