Fuel $

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I, like everyone else, do not relish higher gas prices. However, I just figured the difference on our trip from San Antonio to Gillette, which is 1,300 miles. We average 11 mpg towing. At $5.00 a gallon it would be $595...at $3.00 a gallon, which we'll never see again, it would be $357...a difference of $238....if we can't adjust to that, we need to go back to stix and bricks...JMHO. At $4.00 if would be $472...a difference of $123...feels even better now...LOL.

ncc1701e

March 22, 2012...............Diesel just went over $4.00 here in western KY. It is $4.09 most places around here.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
...if we can't adjust to that, we need to go back to stix and bricks...JMHO.

We are fine with our "stix and bricks" situation but everyone (at least me) needs a hobby or interest to keep them going...ours happens to be weekend RVing. Using our Big Country is where we spend what vacation funds we might have. $238 is about one week of site rentals in our area. That is a big difference for us! We will still use our Big Country as often as possible just closer to home. Diesel averages about $4.50 here with a high of $4.70 and the lowest I have seen this week is $4.40.

wildwolfproducts

$4.01 to $4.19 here. Sure did hurt then I filled the truck up then put $50 dollars of gas in the lawnmower. Bad part is my Kubota needs 35 gallons of Diesel also. But will go get the off road for it. But its still $3.80

Sandpirate69

Yes, its deffinitely cutting into my long distance trips. We'll just leave our long distance trip for the end of the year, when fuel is usually lower. I hope the fuel cost drops some, especially when diesel in the middle east is approximately $0.78 gl..

archbarb

Diesel prices are from $4.10 to $4.29 here in SE Georgia!!!!!

As we all know shipping cost (fuel) drives prices out the roof. A few weeks ago, I went to NAPA for a fuel filter. Less than a year ago it was $36.10, I paid $54.49 this time for the same type. OUCH!!!!!:mad:

Archie

DMitch

Just returned from Florida yesterday. Saw fuel prices from 3.79 up to 4.53. 4.53 was at the first rest area heading north on 87 in NY.

Rodbuster

Here in the Daytona Beach area we had $4.09 yesterday. Went by today and it was $4.19 per gallon.

I remember being concerned when the price would rise one or two cents during the course of a month....but geeze, 10 cents a gallon over night.

One thing I know for sure, it's not going to stop us from enjoying our RV.

Dick

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
It's now $4.19 at all the stations near me that carry diesel.

On a different note, if you're thinking about going full-time and selling your house, you might want to do it before the end of the year. When the mandatory health care bill takes effect in 2013, after the elections, I heard there's a not well advertised clause that institutes a seller's tax of 3.8% on home sales. Vultures pecking on your nest eggs?

RETRACTION (sort of): I've been advised by SouthernNights that the 3.8% seller's tax is another misconception spreading about the internet. But, half of Congress is still clueless about what the legislation fully entails, so why should I be any different.

Last edited:

rarnold

In the Sacramento area, diesel is running btwn $4.35 and $4.50/gal. Just filled my rig up for the Chapter Rally in Oroville, Ca. It cost me $130 with no aux tanks. Sandpirate69 was saying in the Middle East the cost is $.78. Makes you wonder why in the States, even with all the taxes per gallon, diesel costs so much when it is the least refined fuel compared to mid-grade and premium????

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Still between $4.59 and $4.69 here depending on the station and if you pay cash or card! :(

wdk450

In the Sacramento area, diesel is running btwn $4.35 and $4.50/gal. Just filled my rig up for the Chapter Rally in Oroville, Ca. It cost me $130 with no aux tanks. Sandpirate69 was saying in the Middle East the cost is $.78. Makes you wonder why in the States, even with all the taxes per gallon, diesel costs so much when it is the least refined fuel compared to mid-grade and premium????

I have heard that fuel prices are subsidized by the (oil producing) governments in the middle east to placate the masses.

At (Quiet) Black Butte Lake COE Campground near Orland, Ca.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Why can't our govenment subsidize our fuel prices? The subsidize every other country. oooppppsss political..my bad.

pegmikef

Still between $4.59 and $4.69 here depending on the station and if you pay cash or card! :(

Wow, that's your regular price? . . . here I thought 4.59 was really a rip off, but it was 26 miles into Big Bend National Park at Panther Junction and one usually expects to get ripped off in that type of environment. Out of the park the high I saw last week was 3.99 and that's what it is running at most places here in town. Haven't checked Sam's lately thanks to my large tank I haven't needed fuel and won't for awhile yet.