Fuel $

rick_debbie_gallant

Hard to figure out in these parts. One day in the morning it can be 3.55 for diesel. come home for the night and it be 3.99. then two days later 3.59. What the heck is going on?????

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
First time in many years we have seen diesel less than regular. Seems WA is still one of the highest priced states in the nation and unfortunately Bellingham/Lynden the highest in the state. Not going to complain too much as long as it is on the dowwnslide! $4.23 for regular and $3.85 for diesel!

lwmcguir

One of the few good things about a slow economy, lower fuel prices. Most parts and supplies are going up howeverl.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Isn't it always the story of during the summer the cost of fuel goes up due to cost and demand? The dropping of prices sure does put a damper on that story?

Bksvo

Isn't it always the story of during the summer the cost of fuel goes up due to cost and demand? The dropping of prices sure does put a damper on that story?
Well, we have done nothing to increase supply or decrease regulation and taxes, so unfortunately the decrease in price is a result of decreased demand--poor economy and fears it isn't going to get any better soon.

I still like to see it lower, though.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I don't know about anyone but myself, but I don't see any less traffic on the roads. So I really don't think there is much less of a demand.

Bksvo

I don't know about anyone but myself, but I don't see any less traffic on the roads. So I really don't think there is much less of a demand.
Well, it's a global market, and ships, trains and aircraft all essentially use the same fuel.

ZNK

I disagree... The decrease in prices is not due to a decrease in demand. I do not think that the supply and demand principle applies in this manner.