Fuel $

mnkamper

Founding MN Chapter Leader-retired
Must be getting close to Labor Day!
$3.99 here in Watertown, MN..... just west of Mpls/St. Paul.... real bummer (again)!

Gracie4Camping

Ray,
Just north in Wausau unleaded was $3.94 when we left yesterday. Diesel was $3.97. It's a little more in the UP. We'll see how prices are when we head south to Bristol next weekend.

Steve
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Western NC it is 3.59 for unleaded and in Erwin Tn 3.48ish. Have fun at the race!

sjs731

Thanks Gracie4camping. It went up to $4.09 here. Can't wait to get down south.

Steve
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
Yes but alas it did not pump at that price. I did inform them of their issue hoping they would honor the price. It is a local mom and pop station so I did not push it. I wills stop by this morning to talk to make Sure they were
Informed by the night attendant.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
One thing us folks in "the south" don't think about is the fuel costs for those of you that winter in "the north". When gasoline and diesel prices go up that also is indicative that the fuel oil prices for heating your home will be higher. I remember when my grandparents converted from coal heat to fuel oil, how the price increases really would impact them. So, I guess what I am saying is you 'northerners' need to get ready because it looks like you will have empty wallets this winter trying to pay for heating your home.

rick_debbie_gallant

One thing us folks in "the south" don't think about is the fuel costs for those of you that winter in "the north". When gasoline and diesel prices go up that also is indicative that the fuel oil prices for heating your home will be higher. I remember when my grandparents converted from coal heat to fuel oil, how the price increases really would impact them. So, I guess what I am saying is you 'northerners' need to get ready because it looks like you will have empty wallets this winter trying to pay for heating your home.

That is why us Northerners head to Texas and become Winter Texans, too get away from the cold.

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
$4.05 for diesel and $3.45 for reg. gas here in Anna, Texas. Makes me kinda rethink if I want to get rid of the hemi at 11 mpg to get a new diesel that won't give me much better if any, the price differentiation is a killer. Would like the diesel in the mountains though. :)

But then again, the worst is yet to come. Summer 2012 Trip 005.jpg

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Diesel is running $3.99 to $4.09 in most of the chain stations around here. BUT there is a station near me that had it for $3.79 yesterday. I always check GasBuddy before leaving the house for fuel.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
:( I hate to even post this but local 76 station is at $4.60 for diesel. It is climbing every day or so. Here we go again! At this rate...$5.00 by Labor Day.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I wish we could find a station that would set a lower price and all of us would go there and boycott the higher price. What I can't understand why they sell diesel at cash and credit prices while gasoline is at one price.

Here in Maine the price is 4.05 and I saw one at $4.07 on the way back to the CG...

BC

Mainerunr

Price here in Maine varies pretty widely depending on the area. I dont know about diesel since I've got a gasser but the northern part of the state usually pays 20-30 cents a gallon more than the central southern parts.

$3.87 here.

danemayer

Hi Mainernr,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. As you've probably been discovering, there's a lot of useful information here along with a great bunch of people who are willing to share what they've learned.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Anyone remember the two stations within sight of each other at Goshen last year? Something like 30-cents difference in the diesel prices on their signs. It was worth the wait in line for that kind of savings.

The grocery store we shop at while at our rig provides discount coupons for their fuel station across the street, based on your grocery purchases. Anywhere from 10 to 30-cents a gallon, up to 20 gallons. Their sign prices are equal to the competition around them, too. Nice when I get a 30-cent and a 15-cent coupon and use them both at the same time (they allow two at a time). BTW, their grocery prices are as good as any Wallyworld and have better selection and quality.

dave10a

As prices go up, my driving distance goes down. I got 12.6 mpg ave on my last 6,000 mile trip and I don't think I will be traveling like that until diesel goes below $3.5 a gal. I guess I will be restricted to Maine, NH, VT and Mass for the summer and Fl while snow birding :)

Mainerunr

As prices go up, my driving distance goes down. I got 12.6 mpg ave on my last 6,000 mile trip and I don't think I will be traveling like that until diesel goes below $3.5 a gal. I guess I will be restricted to Maine, NH, VT and Mass for the summer and Fl while snow birding :)

That sounds about the range I expect to be limiting myself to (maybe NB too) except for the FL in the winter part. Of course, I have no idea what I will get for mileage but I'm expecting ~10.