Generator

mneisler1

Just purchased a Heartland Mallard M32, wondering what size and type of generator I need in case we are camping without power hook up?

danemayer

Hi mneisler1,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of great information here. And it happens that there's another thread this week discussing generator choices. Here's a link.

Piperflyer

We use the Honda3K inverter generator. It is really quiet when running and will run for ~7hrs. Only draw back is it's weight.

Crumgater

Depends on what you do... we run on a Honda eu2000 (2kW) easily... no microwave or A/C... just lights, furnace fan, TV, battery re-charge. The microwave is under 1000W, so we could probably use it, but the stove works well for us.

If you need to run an A/C, pretty sure you'll need at least 3kW... but you could check the wattage ratings to double-check that.

Apropdoc

Utah Chapter Leaders-retired
I have a rather large portable genny that gets put in the back of the truck. It is a 7k Watt Black Max that can power a house. I am in the process of converting it to a tri-fuel capability so I can run off propane when I am out in the middle of the UT desert or wherever else. My point is, get one that is tri-fuel capable so that you can use any fuel source (Gas, Natural Gas, Propane). Gas goes bad and not very safe to drag around with you, propane on the other hand is safer to transport and doesn't go bad. LPG is also more efficient than gas.
just sayin..