Geostar Tires

dkelly243

Anybody running the Geostar G574 tires. My local tire guy recommended these tires to me. I drove my FW straight from the dealer to the tire shop and had the stock tires replaced (tow kings I think). These Geostars are 14ply. Supposedly they have great luck with them. I will keep everyone informed how they work out. Paid 180 per tire.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Anybody running the Geostar G574 tires. My local tire guy recommended these tires to me. I drove my FW straight from the dealer to the tire shop and had the stock tires replaced (tow kings I think). These Geostars are 14ply. Supposedly they have great luck with them. I will keep everyone informed how they work out. Paid 180 per tire.

If your Bighorn had Towmax Blow Kings on it, then most likely your dealership swapped out the tires that came from the factory to a different RV.

I'm looking at another new set of tires for our Prowler soon . . . probably going with the Maxxis 8008's!

dkelly243

If your Bighorn had Towmax Blow Kings on it, then most likely your dealership swapped out the tires that came from the factory to a different RV.

I'm looking at another new set of tires for our Prowler soon . . . probably going with the Maxxis 8008's!

No I have the Bighorn Traveler. Not the same as a regular Bighorn.

JohnD

No I have the Bighorn Traveler. Not the same as a regular Bighorn.

A Bighorn is a Bighorn . . . or so I thought!

I was under the impression that Heartland stopped using BlowMax tires on all of the larger 5th-wheelers about a year ago.

FlatBlowMaxTires-IMAG0217.jpg
This was on a brand new 2015 Heartland Sundance at LazyDaysRV in Tucson last February during an HOC Rally tour of the dealership . . .

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I was under the impression that Heartland stopped using BlowMax tires on all of the larger 5th-wheelers about a year ago.
The OP never stated what brand tires he had. There was an "I think" in the first post.

Peace
Dave

JohnD

The OP never stated what brand tires he had. There was an "I think" in the first post.

If that is the case, then I wonder why he felt the need to buy new tires for a brand new RV if they weren't BlowMax tires :confused:

Most especially replacing them with basically another unknown tire brand . . .

I have seen the Geostars around the RV dealership lots . . . but have never heard or read any reviews about them.

wdk450

My rig came with "Freestar" tires that had sidewall bubbling and blowouts within a couple of years. I went to Les Schwab tires who stands behind (personally guarantees) every tire they sell, and bought Geostars, which I believe all of their locations stock a set of for our big 5th wheel trailers. They have held up very well with no issues. I paid about $300 a tire, though.

dkelly243

Peace
Dave

Same tires as Johnd had. I put them on my company equipment trailer. Needed new tires on the equipment trailer anyways.

Last edited:

SNOKING

These tires are one of the all steel ply LRG tires similar the the Gladiator. They will most likely be fine, if you keep them inflated correctly and do not abuse them. Chris

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
The tires I saw on the BigHorn Traveler at the RV show were "Trailer King"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Pretty sure that is a rename for the TowMax tires . . .

John, it may be... do we know for a fact? TBC, the distributor, lists them as separate brands.

However, if the OP wants a greater safety margin, going up to G rated tires from the OEM E rated is probably very smart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk