GFI Outlet is Tripping

Milton_and_PeggySue

We have a 2013 Big Country 3 months old and started to leak on the third time we use it. It has been at the dealer for 3 weeks now, due to the leak is not the only problem, the GFI switch keep tripping and the smell from the grey water tank, that has been fixed, waiting on the GFI switch to come in. And this is after fixing broken light fixture and a tire that failed on the way home from the dealer. We had an Aruba fifth wheel from Starcraft that was 5 years old and never had a problem with it, I'm very disappointed with the Big Country also.

Milton_and_PeggySue

Re: Very Disappointed

The GFI have arrived and installed, the problem has not been solved, I guest they are going to keep the the trailer another week trying to figure out where the problem is, I'm not an electrician but I know it can be that difficult to fix.

berky

Re: Very Disappointed

The problem is usually not difficult to fix. The time consuming part is finding the problem. In your trailer, just like in your house, one GFCI feeds multiple outlets, with wiring running throughout the trailer (or house) connecting them all together. It is tedious work breaking everything down and tracing the problem to a single wire or outlet. If you're living right they'll find your problem the first place they check. :rolleyes:

danemayer

We have a 2013 Big Country 3 months old and started to leak on the third time we use it. It has been at the dealer for 3 weeks now, due to the leak is not the only problem, the GFI switch keep tripping
I'm wondering if the leak has left an outlet on the GFI circuit wet. If you compare the areas that were wet with the locations of the outlets that are protected by the GFI, you might find an intersection. For example, the outlets on the outside and in the UDC are probably on the GFI circuit.

Snow

Is your leak comeing in the back window ?? Like dripping down from the top if so it's probably your roof to cap caulk that's where mine was leaked right on the co2 detector good luck iam glad iam a maintenance man I said in an recent post heartland has a great product but I would have to get rid of the QC dept and start over just my 2 cents ⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄

wdk450

Is your leak comeing in the back window ?? Like dripping down from the top if so it's probably your roof to cap caulk that's where mine was leaked right on the co2 detector good luck iam glad iam a maintenance man I said in an recent post heartland has a great product but I would have to get rid of the QC dept and start over just my 2 cents ⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄

1. The propane detector, not the CO detector (Carbon MONoxide, not CO2 Carbon DIoxide - CO= Car Exhaust gas, CO2= soda pop fizz) is located at the end cap area of the trailer.
2. The propane detector works on 12 volts DC (it can run down your battery in storage), and therefore has nothing to do with the 110 volt AC ground fault interrupter.