Glass Tile Backsplash

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
OK!! This threads been haunting me since you put it up...finally had to go and do the same thing. Been wanting to do this for awhile...thanks for getting us off our duffs!! So excited with the way it's turning out, had to post a couple of pictures before we even grout it...that will be tomorrow!![/QUOTE

I really like the colors in your backsplash. What model number is it? Or at least a name? Really looks very nice.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Don't know the number or name, but found it at Lowes and it is half the thickness of regular glass tile, and comes in 12" square sheets. Hope that helps...

jejinks

Hey Kathy,,,, Did you see the nice Laminate Flooring I put in????? :) Beats the heck out of that vinyl stuff. :)

You need to keep Kenny busy... keeps him out of trouble...:)

Jim M

I would love to see your flooring. Are there pictures somewhere?

jimtoo

No,, I don't think I ever made a picture of the flooring. It's just the cheaper oak look laminate. The reason I get the cheaper is because it's only 3/16" thick instead of being 5/16" like the better stuff. And I also used the thinest base cushion to put it over... not even sure that would be needed actually. You would need to square off any corners instead of leaving them round and use the metal edge retainers where transition to carpet.

Jim M

jimtoo

Just kitchen and no problems with slide other than a mark it has made on the transition piece. But nothing that would stop me from doing it again.

Jim M

Gas20

Hey Jim the tile backslash looks great, been thinking about doing the same thing. The wall paper is peeling in the bottom corner behind the stove. I thought it might be a leak but saw no water stains maybe just from the heat of stove (we bought the coach used 2011). My wife suggested this idea and then she saw yours and that was that, look out new tile back splash coming up.

ParkIt

Now this gives me the complete way I've been wanting to do a back splash behind the stove...for now I've had an oversize glass cutting board with the 2 chef's on it. The little rubber sticky feet on all corners have held it in place until we move the unit, then I have to put it away.
Since its thin I could probably put a light or opaque tile around it, the current color of the wall makes the Chef's stand out so I don't think I'd want to put something behind it that would blur the image. Might be time to head to HD and match it up but we are still in a holding pattern until they know if they can fix our BC.
Thanks for all the pictures and DYI information :)

eyespy

Great Job I especially love the tiles in the bathroom.
Where did you purchase the tile with the large dots? Are both of these tiles "Stick and Go"

Cheers

Lorelle Goodman
New Zealand

alaska dodge

Looks awesome, I have been wanting to do that to my rig. Was worried about flex when going down the road? Are those peal, stick and grout? Or did you have to use backer board and thin set?

Bill & Katherine

2013 Cyclone 4100
2012 Dodge Megacab 3500 Dually, 6.7L max tow

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD