GMC 1-ton Brakes

Speedy

Erika, I changed all four corners on our D-Max to Hawk pads and rotors. Huge difference in stopping power compared to OEM. I had to have the rears done because they were just about metal on metal and the D-Max performance center I have service done at said you'll go through rears quicker than fronts and these big trucks. Has to do with the proportioning valve (front to back), anyway so I was for spending money having the rears done I might as well spend a little more and have the fronts done while it's up in the air.

My OEM brakes only lasted about 35K without an exhaust brake (which did help them t get to 35K when in was added) but now that I have a Banks Speedbrake and the Hawk pads and rotors I can finely brake with confidence. It wasn't cheap but after several close calls I needed to rethink the brakes.

I would see if you can get more opinions or reviews on the PowerStop brakes because I've never heard of them and wouldn't be willing to part with $800 to $1000 for everything without some more info. I've had a long history with Hawk and Performance Friction and they can be trusted.

whp4262

I've had real good luck with O'Reilly's Break Best Ceramic pads on my Dodge 3500. They seem to last longer than the OEM stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

porthole

Retired
As posted above and before, I have always been an OEM person when it comes to brakes.
Might have to re-think that.

Looking for a rattle in my left front hub I pulled the caliper and pads out. What a surprise I found.

The pics are just one pad with 45,000 miles.

Never been in flood waters but the area is heavily salted in the winter with both liquid and granular de-icer.

Attachments

• Pads_01.jpg
    Pads_01.jpg
    283.6 KB · Views: 72
  • Pads_02.jpg
    Pads_02.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 71
  • Icy_195_01.jpg
    Icy_195_01.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 69
  • Icy_195_02.jpg
    Icy_195_02.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 65

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Ended up going with Hawk Superduty pads. Got them put on today, seem immediately better. Time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
Best pad I have used. EBC Green Stuff #7000. Much better stopping, little fad ever noticed, no squeal, and very low brake dust.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 3 HD